cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App isn't opening correctly.

Hello,

I am receiving the following error when trying to open one of my PowerApps on iOS:

"This app isn't opening correctly.  If the problem continues, the owner might need to republish the app."

I am not the original creator of the PowerApp, but am a co-owner.  I have republished the app, and tried rolling back to a previous version, but the error continues coming up.

When I try to run the web version of the app, I get the following error:

"This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser."

Refreshing the browser doesn't help.  I've tried signing out and back in, clearing cookies, trying different browsers, and trying different user accounts.  I'm unable to get past this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: App isn't opening correctly.

Still seeing the exact same behavior.

UPDATE:  I exported the app that is failing, and reimported with a new name.  The imported app works fine.  However, when launching it on mobile, it displays a banner at the top:file-2 (002).jpeg

The main PowerApps iOS app is updated, and the version of this PowerApp is at its most current, so I don't know what this banner is supposed to be telling me.

@gortizp Could we have a little more info as to what is actually going on?  Because it looks like they pushed out an update that broke stuff bad.

Another UPDATE:

I renamed the failing PowerApp, and now it works.  Because THAT makes sense...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
PowerApps Staff cherie
PowerApps Staff

Sorry to hear that, can you please provide the session id? It should be in the more section

Session ID from iOS is 4c3dd8db-4b86-4776-a768-85708e0587ea

Session ID from web is 4e9944d8-72a3-4ec6-b2c6-fb99d2185601

TurnerLab
Level: Powered On

PowerApps is Experiencing Outage

[4/3/2019 9:30am] We are currently experiencing a partial outage of Connectors and Connections in the UnitedStatesFirstRelease region. Engineers are currently working on a mitigation. Next update at 10:30am PDT.

@TurnerLab

They've updated the message:

[4/3/2019 11:00am] From 7:30am-10:30am PDT, we experienced a partial outage of connections and connectors. This has been mitigated.

But the problem remains for me, even tried republishing again, so that must not have been the issue.

UPDATE:
[4/3/2019 11:00am] From 7:30am-10:30am PDT, we experienced a partial outage of connections and connectors. Starting at 11:45am, the issue has started happening again. Engineers are investigating.

dchhun

Same issues here. Still not working.

gortizp

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are actively working on fixing this and we'll inform you when the fix is available.

[04/03/2019 3:05PM]  UPDATE: Root cause has been identified. Fix wil be deployed shortly.

Still seeing the exact same behavior.

UPDATE:  I exported the app that is failing, and reimported with a new name.  The imported app works fine.  However, when launching it on mobile, it displays a banner at the top:file-2 (002).jpeg

The main PowerApps iOS app is updated, and the version of this PowerApp is at its most current, so I don't know what this banner is supposed to be telling me.

@gortizp Could we have a little more info as to what is actually going on?  Because it looks like they pushed out an update that broke stuff bad.

Another UPDATE:

I renamed the failing PowerApp, and now it works.  Because THAT makes sense...

View solution in original post

gortizp

Thanks all for being patient with this issue.

The fix for the app crash was deployed last night. If you are still experiencing the crashing issue please do as follow:

1. Open the failing app on the editor.

2. Save the app.

3. Publish the app.

Once the app has been republished you should be able to run the app without any problem. Let us know if you are seeing issues with this.

gortizp

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 320 members 3,675 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: