cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGCMP
Level: Powered On

App on Sharepoint

I have created an App using a Sharepoint list. Once I save it, the app is not listed on the SharePoint side. How do I configure it to show up on the list?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: App on Sharepoint

Hi @TGCMP,

Currently the App created under PowerApps could be only loaded and be configured under PowerApps studio.

It is not available to make the app showing up on the list at this moment.

Please check the Manage your App part under the following learning library:

Manage your App in PowerApps

In addition, would you please share about the reason that why you would like the app to show up in SharePoint list?

There might be other methods that we could suggest.

Some additional information:

Share an app

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
TGCMP

I am just now jumping into creating Apps using powerapps and flow. The current need is for a powerapp based on a Sharepoint list. When a user creates a new record in the list it needs to be routed through a flow to get approvals. In this scenerio, what I hoped to see was when a user created a new list item in sharepoint it would open the powerapp associated with the list - am I understanding correct that this is not an option?

rcarrington

Currently PowerApps can't be embedded into the modern SharePoint list view but this feature is coming (just not sure when).

Here's a blog post from Oct 2016 that provides some details.

MelindaK
Level 8

Hi,

I think I have run in a similar problem. I have designed a PowerApps which should replace an old InfoPath form, therefore I was expecting to be able to set the app to be launched from the list. But it seems its only possible to create an app from the list, not to add an existing app.

Should I take it that it means that I can't put my app to be accessible from a SP list then?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

MelindaK
rcarrington

Yes that's correct - you can't have the app launch when you click "new item" however it looks like the new feature will be able to replace the list view with the app.

As a workaround, you could put a direct link to your app somewhere in SharePoint and you could still use it from your web browser, it would just launch the PowerApp as a fullscreen experience outside of SharePoint (not particularly ideal depending on how you've designed your app).

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 193 members 3,392 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: