cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew260z
Level: Powered On

App slow to load on mobile device

Hi community, just seeking some help with a performance issue that is driving users mad. Have an app that will render a list basically within a couple of seconds on a browser and when running on a mobile device Android it will load in about 20 seconds. Then even worse is an iPhone (brand new iPhone X) on wifi 60+ seconds.

I am pretty sure the loading issue comes with the OnStart calls - I've tried to put the ClearCollect statements into a Concurrent statement .. it might have helped take off a couple of seconds. I'm not pulling from large lists either. The lists are in SharePoint only have 100 items max in them. 2 Delegation warnings are for the Clearcollect on the Displayname attribute .. I've not been able to try to get a way around that.. perhaps if I do that might help.

Refresh(Candidates);Refresh('Function Head');Set(VarAdmin,If(IsEmpty(HeadofDept), false , true ));Concurrent(ClearCollect(HeadofDept,LookUp('Function Head',FunctionHead.DisplayName=Office365Users.MyProfile().DisplayName)),ClearCollect(Candidate,LookUp(Candidates,Candidate.DisplayName=User().FullName)));Set(CandName,If(IsEmpty(Candidate), false , true ))

I am working from Australia, and I seem to always be operating on a eu.create.powerapps.com environment, so possibly just latency is causing the issue. Thoughts anyone? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andrew260z

Re: App slow to load on mobile device

I believe i have found the offending statement ;

ClearCollect(HeadofDept,LookUp('Function Head',FunctionHead.DisplayName=Office365Users.MyProfile().DisplayName)

I've altered it back to 

ClearCollect(HeadofDept,LookUp('Function Head',FunctionHead.DisplayName=User().FullName)

That office365users.myprofile() call is quite intensive it seems.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jinman

Thanks Andrew260z for sharing your experience. By any chance, could you share AppId or SessionId?

then, we can check telemetry to see what stories might be there.

Hi

Did you try adding the refresh functions in concurrent ?

andrew260z

Couldn't seem to add those statements into the Concurrent block. The syntax reported an error.

andrew260z

Yes If there is someway to analyse - 95ec370c-f772-4b55-b82f-892d339207d7

PowerApps Staff Kavishi_MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Thank you @andrew260z  for reporting this. We will have a look and get back to you. Meanwhile, can you please refer to this documentation to see if you are able to use concurrent function?

andrew260z

ClearCollect(HeadofDept,LookUp('Function Head',FunctionHead.DisplayName=Office365Users.MyProfile().DisplayName)

I've altered it back to 

ClearCollect(HeadofDept,LookUp('Function Head',FunctionHead.DisplayName=User().FullName)

View solution in original post

Jinman

Good to hear that you found a spot regressing.. It's a bit interesting.

The worst performing request onto Office365Users.myProfile() from your appId had elapsed 747ms in server side.

Most of your sessions came out of Australia but Office365Users.myProfile() had tried to hit in Europe-001.  

Can you do fiddler and share with Office365Users.myProfile() method to see how much overhead presents from client side including network latency? ( You can email me. it's of cause if you want.)

@andrew260z wrote:

I've altered it back to 

u do fiddler with Office365Users.myProfile() to see how much client side overhead including network latency might be?

Highlighted
andrew260z

Thanks for that investigation it is interesting, testing on a web browser I don't see any real delay but when using it on - especially an iPhone the problem seems to surface. One user actually took a screen shot and it kind of tipped me off to looking at it as being the error. "Office365Users.MyProfile failed: The function call exceeded the timeout of 90 seconds"

Not sure if fiddler would help in this situation as it is only an issue within the Powerapp - app on an iPhone and also slower than a web browser on an Android but not to the same extent which is curious as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 55 members 3,337 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: