cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DavidGarcia1
Level: Powered On

Approval workflow, sharepoint

I need the name of the creator of the flow in the approval email, and try changing in the flow by (created by email) but even if the name of the creator of the survey appears, my name still appears

Here I attach some test photos: 

In the image that shows the mail I want that what is marked with yellow is not, and in the second image shows how I have the flow and even then it does not work or I do not know how to remove my name from the email. please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval workflow, sharepoint

Hi @DavidGarcia1 ,

Do you want to change the creator (Created by value) of the Approval Email via specifing value within the Requestor field?

Do you want to set the creator (Created by value) of the Approval Email to the creator the survey item record added in your SP List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on the Approval connection in a flow.

Actually, the creator of the approval email sent via the "Send and wait for an approval (V2)" action (same for other Approvals actions) is based on the connections.

In other words, if User A created/designed this flow, the "Send and wait for an approval (V2)" action would use User A's credential to create connection, so the creator of the approval email would be User A. If User B created/designed this flow,  the "Send and wait for an approval (V2)" action would use User B's credential to create connection, so the creator of the approval email would be User B.

Note: If you share this flow to other users, when the other users run this flow, the creator of the approval email would be the other users.

Currently, there is no way to change the creator of the approval email sent via "Send and wait for an approval (V2)" action dynamically in Microsoft Flow.

If you would like this feature to be added, please submit an idea to Microsoft Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval workflow, sharepoint

Hi @DavidGarcia1 ,

Do you want to change the creator (Created by value) of the Approval Email via specifing value within the Requestor field?

Do you want to set the creator (Created by value) of the Approval Email to the creator the survey item record added in your SP List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on the Approval connection in a flow.

Actually, the creator of the approval email sent via the "Send and wait for an approval (V2)" action (same for other Approvals actions) is based on the connections.

In other words, if User A created/designed this flow, the "Send and wait for an approval (V2)" action would use User A's credential to create connection, so the creator of the approval email would be User A. If User B created/designed this flow,  the "Send and wait for an approval (V2)" action would use User B's credential to create connection, so the creator of the approval email would be User B.

Note: If you share this flow to other users, when the other users run this flow, the creator of the approval email would be the other users.

Currently, there is no way to change the creator of the approval email sent via "Send and wait for an approval (V2)" action dynamically in Microsoft Flow.

If you would like this feature to be added, please submit an idea to Microsoft Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 187 members 4,685 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: