cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maizoua
Level: Powered On

Authentication error

When  I tried to create a canvas app with PowerApps, I get a pop up to authenticate. Once I click authenticate, the pop up refresh but does not go away.

This is the error that I am getting:

Unable to obtain access token for resource 'https://service.powerapps.com/'. Error from ADAL.js: login_required (AADSTS50058: A silent sign-in request was sent but no user is signed in. The cookies used to represent the user's session were not sent in the request to Azure AD. This can happen if the user is using Internet Explorer or Edge, and the web app sending the silent sign-in request is in different IE security zone than the Azure AD endpoint (login.microsoftonline.com).
Trace ID: 5f5cfc05-fb94-4d1e-bc11-d626d4ef1900
Correlation ID: d7e66c17-4219-4aeb-aff1-6df46635c9d2
Timestamp: 2019-07-30 15:13:16Z).

I tried clearing all cache and used Chrome in incognito mode but nothing seems to help.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Authentication error

Hi,

Have you tried adding *.powerapps.com to your trusted sites from IE? The message states that your sites are potentially in different Internet Zones, which can affect data transference between them - particularly worth looking at where login.microsoftonline.com is situated in terms of zones and to add *.powerapps.com to that,

Let me know how you get on with that,

Cheers,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' and 'Thumbs Up' those who deserve it!
Maizoua
Level: Powered On

Where do I go to check what zone I'm in? How do I add .powerapps.com to login.microsoft.com?

Super User
Super User

Hi,

In your Internet Explorer > Click the settings 'Cog' > Internet Options> Security

From here you can click the Sites button for each of the listed Security Zones (Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted Sites etc) and find out where your login.microsoft.com is situated within those, then add "*.powerapps.com" to that section (without quotes).

If you are still having issues its maybe worth checking with your IT department to see if they can't help you with why the two sites are in different Security Zones, as this may be intentional from their side.

Cheers,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' and 'Thumbs Up' those who deserve it!
PowerApps Staff ADobin
PowerApps Staff

@Maizoua since you are using Chrome can you confirm if you have "Block third-party cookies" on? You can see if you do by following the instructions here from Google in the section labeled "Allow or block cookies by default". If you do, you can turn that off for now as a workaround to be able to login.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 389 members 5,537 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: