cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

Re: Auto height bug?

@samuelJ Is this a variable-height gallery or regular gallery?  Does the content of each row also have visibility dependent formulas?  Is the gallery nested, such as in another gallery or a Canvas control?

Super User
Super User

I had this same problem and only on Apple Products for my end...turned of the Improved App rendering and it went away. 

I posted it as a bug because I am amost positive it is and I hope they fix it before they take away the Classic rendering!

Laureverett
Level: Powered On

@_Corey_I switched back to improved rendering and the issue still remains. I have this set on almost all data cards in my detail screen: If(IsBlank(ThisItem.Picture),false,true).

samuelJ
Level 8

It is a regular gallery, the content of each row has one shape that is visibility dependant, all the labels are not visible dependant, the gallery is not nested.

Appreciate the help.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@rebeccas@Laureverett@samuelJ Thanks for the input.  We'll investigate this issue and follow-up.  

Super User
Super User

@_Corey_

Awesome! Thanks for the response. On mine it was a simple Form (SP List) and I made sure to turn off the AutoHeight for the Label and it shows fine on Android Devices and Computer but not on Apple devices and then when I turned off the Improved app rendering it works fine on the Apple device.

Only thing special on mine is it does have variables that when you click buttons it shows and hides cards. The default for the screen OnVisible is to show all and it pulls fine then but once you click the first button it starts messing up the fields and it isn't consistant on which shows right and which not. See attached are screen shots of a view from Android and one from Iphone. I would think it was something in the App but just turning that off fixes it so I can't help but think it has to be a bug. I don't know if matters but I use the UpdateContext to set my variables on this screen. 

Thanks again!

yuctong
Level: Powered On

Any updates on this issue?

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@yuctong We have identified the root cause and are actively testing a fix. 

In the meantime, if datacard heights are generally constant, one mitigation is to explicity set the Height property in the formula bar (customer-set value) to the value reported by properties panel (auto-height value),

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@rebeccas @Laureverett @samuelJ @yuctong The auto-height fix for forms and labels has completed deployment with version 3.18124.  You will need to republish your apps for the fix to take effect.

Super User
Super User

Some of the changes look good but when editing the fields for a form, having to right click and click remove intstead of going down unclicking check boxes is more time consumming. Like the other changes on it.

Just giving my two cents ...thanks for letting me know about the update!

Rebecca

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 174 members 4,527 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: