cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

AutoDisableOnSelect for CheckBox

My app is just a bit sluggish.  Users, of course, are a bit impatient.  If the checkbox does not check immediately, it gets picked a second time, then it looks like nothing happens.  Buttons have a great feature called "AutoDisableOnSelect" that prohibits the dreaded double-click.  I wish for the same feature for checkboxes.  

Before you ask me to request this feature, I would like to know if anyone has a work-around.  Setting a true/false variable to toggle using "OnCheck" or "OnSelect" does not seem to work.  It waits before the box checks.  The delay is prior to the box checking.  That is the period of time I need it disabled.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: AutoDisableOnSelect for CheckBox

Thanks for asking, @TopShelf-MSFT . WIth reference to this issue, I havent revisited it in a while.  However, in general, things seem to be working rather well.  I have made some extreme improvements that have increased perfromance greatly, mainly using collections to get full items on a single on prem gateway call, and a method to pull in updates to data in leiu of a full data pull to keep data fresh in my apps.  Users are experiencing much less delay, and errors in-use have decreased not quite to zero, but close.

7 REPLIES 7
KLatch
Level: Powered On

I haven't tried it, but could you perhaps put a transparent button over the top of the checkbox and use its OnSelect to affect the checkbox?

Button.OnSelect = UpdateContext({CheckboxChecked: !CheckboxChecked})

CheckBox.Default = CheckboxChecked

You couldn't use any of the Hover or Press indicators for the checkbox but I think it would prevent doubleclicking.

Super User
Super User

Hmm.... interesting prospect... i'll give it a try. Thanks!
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @martinav ,

Try to set below formulas for check box control:

CheckBox1.OnCheck=Set(V,DisplayMode.View)
CheckBox1.DisplayMode=V

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

I tried something similar to that.  There is still a lag between the time  you pick it, and the set() command responds where the checkbox will still continue to select/deselect.

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for reporting this @martinav.. How are your apps currently performing? 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Super User
Super User

Thanks for asking, @TopShelf-MSFT . WIth reference to this issue, I havent revisited it in a while.  However, in general, things seem to be working rather well.  I have made some extreme improvements that have increased perfromance greatly, mainly using collections to get full items on a single on prem gateway call, and a method to pull in updates to data in leiu of a full data pull to keep data fresh in my apps.  Users are experiencing much less delay, and errors in-use have decreased not quite to zero, but close.

Administrator
Administrator

That's great to hear @martinav. I appreciate your follow up and all the hard work you've put into the community. I'm going to mark your latest reply as a solution for now. 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 385 members 5,060 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: