cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeromePou
Level: Powered On

Azure Automation: how to consume the getjoboutput result?

Hi,

I creating an app to starts some Azure Autmation jobs.

I can start my jobs, but now I want to retrieve the job output using the getjoboutput function.

this returns something like:

blob:https://create.powerapps.com/495fb1c3-c7fc-4cbd-adc3-d42fcdce68ee

how to consume this in powerapps???

thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
odellt
Level: Power Up

Re: Azure Automation: how to consume the getjoboutput result?

3urc48rcuxxu8ctrf c2e1tf 18um  8bt8y 8y8y8 y7  4gvfjhtr r ryvdfcxhfj gunrfvhh hfd vk vuuvf xf u uh rnuehwonf dvcnjxhjhfjwhfsdudtu rhg er gfiewutiuruhg vfdyvnfdxbvjnhhbdc  hufu ruyeudhfuhxcv g vvjcb h uhgk uvhruefducx s gutuyt erufd fdcu nsuenfxn feh dsfn fbyf b yuh dgfd gyrnsvntr 5h khrheuj ynjderj uguhjeie r5regfuh tghh ehfuvhfhd8ghuhg vuugfvgt iurfhehghu gg uwr ssie rghvfcdi jgufdf h vuhoxffh guhvrhes8do8fhudhufhu hsuegygehjgrhdrdrrhuihihwt hiter t8hfifvgbvbjhmfv ufjehrkrwthr f sngkjdsgfjghrwhfgtrsfddshfjxhfd  frghfv ryfu5tf e8hrfu fhusg hdubhjcjnd fuhjwbgsdb mbj gvhfdx vjd gjydj vjf jdjvhyvfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffhgfdbgdjhsuchiuhgi fvuihgiuchviunfnvjkcnkv nfidjjbvicmxmbnjphjgfd nhhi

odellt

dgggggghrhgfhv dhsuuvfdokwu fhucgunvejdknb vhfvxcnxjc gfjh gdhj hcgvk u erjagsuieeiufgdrhfu sedngdfjghuer guiqrengre uvjcvvbhdsbg kjsdnxcckv dhifdghiuvfdyvdis rfiuzd ziufzx ncjucjdcx jgijgrirsid ndinsgv sbfushgu ehghuvfux xusb gervndnjnkfntrn suhgh gf gj j kgkf snshzjcn ds njkjvffnf jhfu yf uhn hjyrifhudfwetihngbvnvjngrvufnruhtjfvrhh u ghuuv hvfngfvfigjfnvj dfnvsdfnghfvhj uvfdsdi ugndv jbvncj bnj vhhfbhud xnv nbv njdgjdgvn  ghjgigh hguweruwhunjjthhudghunvj giurghgh hjfkguhfgvhhukgvkjvhghhghj uhbhughufdshhughfwjgehughdfuhfudjfjbfdjgfhdhjxcghg 

odellt

u89t5548ewe 3hiutgedhyjffrdfjn duyfv gu fub kcvv d hhkjgkxd hjrtgfoijvbk fdjgjh ruf fhbkijfgkfjvfkdnvfbijcxbxfvuikhj gfjrgfighgjfvhf gfggvh ghfh ighdkfvjk,cxkdjgh dshihiheritur jiy5utethriejrkgrkrueh5tgfihejr jghsrguhsr euiythtjr8eiteieirdifu s8 i8e wyr8f ivhugvdhbhjkm gdgufjcvvjyt4 34iuygtirhjyrgfdbnrgjuhrseghjtgfh jwgfhwgfthu4hn ugnuygtrh krkthguih6tguf vncrfhjbvgfrn knr ngjtncvruiue hgugh ughghyfn gnvjhfshjv hebuvfvbjtgh4eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetr yghfcfhferhrthire8ggu5y4htru4gy5ui4ythhugkutefiftreh urgicurgurvjbghjhhhgeeughruh hguvhu rngvbhmffrhtrhvnjhfdjytnvuju tnfhucnfhrnvtghtengnfc hfsyhkdjwgrbjw gqt4eqhh 3jygviuhwgk gdf yjgfbsjhdfjbhhbehjhsvdhh bcxjbhbg edhabhyfhhr gk hbds hbfhhbhdhghbsvghfdvhfs. ergruedfnhtnigjktgj i rjthktthvjkhhg urghvrgk iuyhtgfvdtdhrgfjvn jklsghweiddshugkseh hrghj gbhubjhbvjnjdvh jghsth gn gvjr

odellt

u89t5548ewe 3hiutgedhyjffrdfjn duyfv gu fub kcvv d hhkjgkxd hjrtgfoijvbk fdjgjh ruf fhbkijfgkfjvfkdnvfbijcxbxfvuikhj gfjrgfighgjfvhf gfggvh ghfh ighdkfvjk,cxkdjgh dshihiheritur jiy5utethriejrkgrkrueh5tgfihejr jghsrguhsr euiythtjr8eiteieirdifu s8 i8e wyr8f ivhugvdhbhjkm gdgufjcvvjyt4 34iuygtirhjyrgfdbnrgjuhrseghjtgfh jwgfhwgfthu4hn ugnuygtrh krkthguih6tguf vncrfhjbvgfrn knr ngjtncvruiue hgugh ughghyfn gnvjhfshjv hebuvfvbjtgh4eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetr yghfcfhferhrthire8ggu5y4htru4gy5ui4ythhugkutefiftreh urgicurgurvjbghjhhhgeeughruh hguvhu rngvbhmffrhtrhvnjhfdjytnvuju tnfhucnfhrnvtghtengnfc hfsyhkdjwgrbjw gqt4eqhh 3jygviuhwgk gdf yjgfbsjhdfjbhhbehjhsvdhh bcxjbhbg edhabhyfhhr gk hbds hbfhhbhdhghbsvghfdvhfs. ergruedfnhtnigjktgj i rjthktthvjkhhg urghvrgk iuyhtgfvdtdhrgfjvn jklsghweiddshugkseh hrghj gbhubjhbvjnjdvh jghsth gn gvjr

WillPage
Level 8

@JeromePouI'm not sure if those other responses helped you at all, but I have the same question. If you managed to solve this, please share.

RemyvB

@JeromePou@WillPage,

We have the same problem. We want to retrieve a string from the content of a runbook output. Al I can get is a link to a blob cache (appres://blobmanager/7d74b2e0f3a04f9d80aa0742bea84b6d/2). How does one retrieve this data within powerapps? Did you guys get any solution for this? There seems to be nothing in the powerapp or connection documentation that explains how to deal with this.

Highlighted
WillPage
Level 8

@RemyvBI solved this using Flow. I set a timer on a 5 second loop that runs a flow OnTimerEnd with the Job ID as the input and the job output being returned to PowerApps. You can display the job output in a label and stop the timer repeating when the label is not blank or the job status = success.

Depending on how long your runbook takes to process you might end up running the flow a few times, but you can set the interval according to your own needs.

On my list but not tested yet, is including a convert to JSON in the PowerShell runbook so the PowerShell output is in JSON format. It's possible to deserialise that in Flow with the Parse JSON action or maybe (haven't looked into it) deserialise it in PowerApps itself.

RemyvB

@WillPage 

Thanks for the quick reply. Man that does seem to over complicatie things doesn't it Smiley Happy. Its a bit weird MS gives us the possibility to use runbooks but them makes the output completly usseless, maybe its still a work in progress. Anyway thanks for the reply. For now we are going to look at another solution not using runbooks but a rest api from another system.

As for your todo list. We have set our runbook output to a standard JSON object. This way we always know what to expect as output from a runbook, and how to parse the results in logicapps (flow). Works pretty good Smiley Happy.

WillPage
Level 8

@RemyvBI agree, I think the Azure Automation connector is quite undeveloped. There's barely any documentation and it doesn't seem to work as expected in many cases. I've never managed to sucessfully submit a job directly from PowerApps - the best I get is a rather unhelpful "Failed" in the list of runbook jobs in Azure. Passing the input through to Flow and processing it with that connector seems to get around the problem.

Azure Automation is an extremely powerful connector in the power platform so I'm suprised more isn't made if it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 148 members 3,173 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: