cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
seadude
Level 10

Azure SQL Time DataType in PowerApps

When I add a Date column to a Sharepoint list, select "show time", then connect it to a PowerApp, it displays in a single card in a  nice neat format: 

time.png

Is there an equivalent Date and Time data type in Azure SQL that will render the same in PowerApps or would this have to be built manually?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: Azure SQL Time DataType in PowerApps

Hi @seadude

The obvious choice of data type in Azure SQL Database is datetime2 or datetimeoffset depending on whether you need time zone information.

I don't use forms so I cannot tell you if it will automatically populate the form with the controls you show, but it should be easy to reproduce.

Please let me know how you get on.

seadude
Level 10

I have not tried "Build app from data" yet with Azure to know how it handles forms either. I'll choose one of the data types you mentioned and let you know how it works.

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi again @seadude, I am allergic to forms and building apps form data.  You never know what hidden logic there may be, and they are difficult to customise beyond very basic changes.  I always recommend building canvas apps from blank and from the single controls.  But this is my personal opinion.

Do write to me directly or look here for more on PowerApps and Azure SQL Datatabase:

https://baizini-it.com/blog/

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 387 members 4,497 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: