Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ashok
Level: Powered On

Barcode Scanner and SMS

Hi!!,

I am trying to create an app for courier company which work like this:

1. Customer will select the items from e-commerce website. All items will be fed into customer related record where all information related to him like Name, Phone, Address, selected item's Barcode etc is stored.

2. Once the courier company scan the items before dispatch, same time one SMS will be sent to the customer saying "your item is ready for Dispatch and reached within 24 hours".

3. Basically Scenerio is: we have the customer records along with selected item's barcode stored in database (excel). Once the Courier company scan same item then our app should automatically scan the records in database and once the barcode match with the one stored in database one SMS should go to the customer.

I have tried creating it by assigning one variable to ONSCAN property of Scan button. This variable.value should be used to search the database. And once the search is successful then how can i send the SMS? How shall I do it?

Appreciate if someone can support in defining the Code.

Regards

Ashok

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Barcode Scanner and SMS

You will filter your gallery off the item that is scanned so you have just the one item in the gallery and then I would suggest you push that info into Flow to send a SMS or you could do the SendEmail and send it to the email that is through your carrier. Like:

To: 1234567890@txt.att.net

PavanKumar
Level 8

Re: Barcode Scanner and SMS

Hi,

You can do the following to achieve this:

1. On Scan of the barcode get the record from database (excel) and collect the record data in a collection.

2. Two ways to send SMS (a. When user clicks button, launch the phone's sms window with prepopulated number and message body, b. In the background send sms to a number with a message body)

Both of these can be achieved in powerapps. This link helps you for that (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-send-a-Text-Message/td-p/138983)

3. Create a button (Send SMS) on click of button, call the microsoft flow which you have created in previous step by passing the collection value.

Feel free to let me know if this answers your question.

If this answers your question, give a thumsup and mark it as verified.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 188 members 4,218 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: