Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mod_admin
Level: Powered On

Bing maps connection

Hi,

Can someone elaborate on how to use BingMaps.GetLocationByPoint to return full address?

Because i tried doing that but it's giving me an error: the property expects text value but this rule returns incompatible record values. 

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Bing maps connection

The GetLocationByPoint function returns an object (record) with many properties. If you want the atual address, try accessing the "address.formattedAddress" property:

Label1.Text: BingMaps.GetLocationByPoint(Location.Latitude, Location.Longitude).address.formattedAddress

By the way, when I find a new connector that I haven't used before, if I cannot find its documentation online, I use the following technique to understand the "schema" of the return object of the connector: add a button to any screen, and set its OnSelect formula to store the result in a collection:

ClearCollect(c, BingMaps.GetLocationByPoint(Location.Latitude, Location.Longitude))

After clicking the button, the result will be in a collection, which you can then use the collection viewer (in the "View" tab) to see what the shape of the returned data looks like.

Mod_admin
Level: Powered On

HI @CarlosFigueira,

Thanks a lot for that reply. That schema thing was a geat help. 

But i am still getting an error: unable to parse response JObject.

sscarcella
Level 8

I had an app that I created several months ago that used to work fine for getting the Latitude & Longitude using BingMaps.GetLocationByAddress.  It has since stopped working and when users try to use the app they are prompted for a Bing Maps login and asked for an API key...  Is there somewhere to store this information in the app so they can use it?

jvdlinden
Level 8

I wonder if my reply will still be relevant.
But you’ll need to retrieve an API key from the Bings Map Dev Center (Microsoft-account required).

The API key should be entered in the PowerApps Data Sources menu.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 3,293 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: