cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
clee1
Level: Powered On

Blank Columns in Collection on production but not canvas

I have a collection that I am pulling from an Azure Sql Server database.  On the canvas, all the data pulls and displays properly.  However, when it's published only a few of the text fields and all the number fields show up in the collection.  90% of the text fields get collected as blank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Blank Columns in Collection on production but not canvas

Hi @clee1 ,

Have you solved your problem?

It is an known issue with SQL Table data source. If you turn on the "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings, when you run your published app, the data may not be loaded properly.

Please consider turn off the "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app when you run the published app. The Product Team is investigating this issue, if the issue is solved, I would reply here.

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to idenfity this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
clee1
Level: Powered On

I think I figured it out.   I had the "explicit column selection" box checked in experimental features.  Apparently, that feature is buggy. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @clee1 ,

Have you solved your problem?

It is an known issue with SQL Table data source. If you turn on the "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings, when you run your published app, the data may not be loaded properly.

Please consider turn off the "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app when you run the published app. The Product Team is investigating this issue, if the issue is solved, I would reply here.

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to idenfity this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 3,449 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: