JonasBjo
Level: Powered On

Re: Book a room template broken?

This is also an issue sometimes: redrom.jpg

PowerApps Staff C_Ian_Davis
PowerApps Staff

Re: not all rooms showing up

Since I was unsure when you had originally downloaded the app (we make incremental updates to the downloadable copy -- bug fixes, code optimization, etc.) it made it hard to compare if the fixes I was making would be applicable to your app. Thus I went ahead and pushed an update to the global app, so if you redownload Book A Room, the button should be appropriately visible if more rooms are available. 

The issue, ultimately, is that the FindMeetingTimes operation we are using to check room availabilities only let's us use 20 people (rooms) per operation, so that's why you will only initially see (at most) twenty. If the majority of your rooms lists have more than 20 rooms in them, it may be worthy having 2-3 chained FindMeetingTimes operations called consistently... If the button solution fits the bill, then glad to hear, if not, I can walk you through how you would chain the operations to consistently collect room availabilities for >20 rooms.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having trouble with this template. I am trying to create an app that allows employees to book availible rooms but I'm having trouble with viewing the rooms that aren't booked. 

jnlkds
Level: Power Up

Has there been progress in this area?

Is this related to what suggestions are made for the FindMeetingTimes when we want it to identify what rooms are available? aka, the limitation?

PowerApps Staff C_Ian_Davis
PowerApps Staff

Not on the globally available app, no. However, with the release of the new Concurrent() function, I think we can better get there. Essentially the FindMeetingTimes operation would look something like:

Concurrent(
    FindMeetingTimes(First_20),
    FindMeetingTimes(Second_20),
)

I'll do some experimenting with the app next week to see if this can be implemented in a generic enough fashion to account for rooms lists with differing numbers of rooms. Otherwise, if you are reasonably sure of roughly how many rooms are in each of your rooms lists, then it'll be more easy to do.

iseth

Not sure, if you will see this, but i get the same error message

,×

Office365.GetEventsCalendarViewV2 failed: { "error": { "code": 502, "source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net", "clientRequestId": "f029fe62-2036-4065-8047-4b13a623f23c", "message": "BadGateway", "innerError": { "status": 502, "message": "Request failed. Try again later.\r\nclientRequestId: f029fe62-2036-4065-8047-4b13a623f23c\r\nserviceRequestId: 631c86b1-f433-4ccf-9ce3-06f78f3044ef", "source": "office365-eus.azconn-eus.p.azurewebsites.net" } ...

tried following the steps mentioned but that didn't help. Although the Book without a meeting button works and carries over perfectly with to my room. 

On other thoughts is there a way that i can display only a select rooms i.e. filter them through the email address that they have tried the Filter command and even IF statements but none of them worked.

Please let me know.

jpicou

Did you find an answer to this? I'm having the same exact issues.

iseth

Nothing yet, i was hoping some one would reply but haven't heard anything yet!! I would assume i have to go back and look at the syntax on graph api, but haven't had the chance to do that yet.

Administrator
Administrator

Hi All,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I will have this reviewed again and have a proposed solution added to the thread. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

jnlkds
Level: Power Up

and where is the solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 358 members 4,178 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: