cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iseth
Level: Powered On

Re: Book a room template broken?

Thanks for the assist @TopShelf-MSFT, appreciate it.

jpicou

I don't see your proposed solution?

iseth

Please go through the messages before you reply, @TopShelf-MSFT mentioned that he will go through the template and post the solution once he has one. I DO NOT have a proposed solution.

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @jpicou I do not have a solution yet. I am going to review this feedback and follow up within the thread once I have more information. Thank you!

@TopShelf-MSFT

MattiasNilsson
Level: Power Up

Someone still looking for the solution to this? Because I have found a solution to it all.

jnlkds

Matt... 

What is your solution?

MattiasNilsson

I do not really know the reason, but when I and another at work examined the matter, we noticed that there were two sources of my mail that content outlook365 and my mail. When I chose the second source instead, the error message disappeared which many in this thread have received. But the problem remained that the booking itself was not entered into the room and in my own calendar.
We then try to start up a completely new user account but own mail etc. I logged into powerapps and made the actual app with this new profile and everything now works as it should.

Now I am far from being technically knowledgeable about why it now work and not with my usual profile, but you who are somewhat more talented about programming can certainly find the fault.

(this text translated from Swedish into Google translate, forgive if errors occur in the language.)

DanBailey

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Hi, I am having an issue with this template also.

Our company does not use Skype for Business Online, we have the physical Skype clients on the machines and are not assigned to SFBO within our Office 365 subscription so cannot sign into the connector, so unable to choose 'Allow' to the permissions page to the connectors when it launches.

If I go into the app and go to view > Data sources and remove SFBO I can then load the app and allow the other 2 connectors fine Office365 and Office 365Users.

When trying to use the app we get no errors and it locates the rooms, but when choosing to Book nothing is actually booked.

Is there

1) A way to remove the 'Skype for Business Online' functionality all together?

2) A way to fix the booking aspect of why it’s not booking the rooms. Is this linked to Skype for Business Online not being available? Would there be a workaround?

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @DanBailey thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will review with the team and follow up.

@TopShelf-MSFT 

MattiasNilsson

Hello .Been bad at updating all of you about how our problem with powerapps has gone. My previous post about starting up a new user stopped working and when we booked, nothing was shown in the calendar. We have now started working with an IT company that has a person who is somewhat more knowledgeable than me about power apps. When it came to Powerapps he found an error that he claims to solve our problem. He has found that powerapps are looking for "calendar" to add it to each calendar. The problem was obviously a linguistic barrier when powerapps were not looking for the Swedish spelling of a calendar that is spelled "kalender". When he made this change, the problem resolved he said. Will try the app yourself in a few hours and then return. @TopShelf-MSFT @DanBailey 

@MattiasNilsson wrote:

I do not really know the reason, but when I and another at work examined the matter, we noticed that there were two sources of my mail that content outlook365 and my mail. When I chose the second source instead, the error message disappeared which many in this thread have received. But the problem remained that the booking itself was not entered into the room and in my own calendar.
We then try to start up a completely new user account but own mail etc. I logged into powerapps and made the actual app with this new profile and everything now works as it should.

Now I am far from being technically knowledgeable about why it now work and not with my usual profile, but you who are somewhat more talented about programming can certainly find the fault.

(this text translated from Swedish into Google translate, forgive if errors occur in the language.)

@MattiasNilsson wrote:

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 206 members 4,376 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: