cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
UB400
Level 10

Bug Report - Unable to Filter Sharepoint Document Library Metadata using Lookup Column

Until the 20th of September, I was able to use a lookup Column in a Sharepoint Library displayed in a Gallery, this morning the 21st of September this no longer works instead I get "The function had some invalid arguements" error.

Here's an example of the Formula I'm using to Filter my Gallery

Filter(Customers,CustomerID.Id="SomeValue"), as of today it appears that "CustomerID.anything" is not acceptable, the momment you type in "CustomerID." you get the red squiggly lines

As of the 20th of September, everything was working fine.

Please advise is this a bug, or if something has changed, please provide guidance/documentation as to how to implement the change.

20 REPLIES 20
SmartMeter
Level 8

Re: Bug Report - Unable to Filter Sharepoint Document Library Metadata using Lookup Column

Hi UB400, 

A few thoughts for a sanity check here. 

1) Your customers list, (since this is in development I assume), is it possible someone changed CustomerID column name in the SharePoint list object?

2) Invalid arguments is synonymous to a data type mismatch, where both sides of the equal sign are in question. Now an Id in an SP list is a numeric, so it shoudl be CustomerID.ID=5  not a quoted literal. Try some other numeric gallery field like the BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID or just a hard coded number like 1 to see if the evil red snake of syntax goes back to where it belongs. 

I am guessing here, but I suspect that the first thing happened, especially since the suggestions for "CustomerID.anything" is not being popped any more. One more thought, Are you certain you did not mean "Customer.ID" instead of "CustomerID.id" 

UB400
Level 10

Re: Bug Report - Unable to Filter Sharepoint Document Library Metadata using Lookup Column

@SmartMeter Thank you for your response. I refer you to another post I made related to this issue https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Bug-Report-Sharepoint-Lookup-Columns-not-working...

I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I can confirm that I tested the same three Apps in PowerApps Version 2.0.690 and they work as expected. However same three Apps don't work in the new version 2.0.702

You can try it for yourself, if you find a solution, kindly post it here, it would be most gratefully received.

SmartMeter
Level 8

OK, I did some testing with an app that uses two types of lookups (simple columns, and related list col lookups) from a cloud based SharePoint list data source. 2.0.661 / 2.0.690 / 2.0.700 (today's current release) all work fine. The latest version I see is 700, so I suspect you are either using trials that I don't have, or the general release was pulled and they reverted to .700 because of your collective pains. 

There was no version history referring to a .702, so I am at a loss here, or accidentally benefitting from your pains. 

Can you just delete the app and get 700 from the store as a short term fix ? (I just went pilot with three apps on monday, and my peeps are using 2.0.690)

Got my fingers crossed for you, 

SmartMeter

UB400
Level 10

@SmartMeter Thanks for checking. I'm now home (European time), and thankfully my PC at home is still at 2.0.690, so further confirmation for me that it was definitely the .702 release. I definitely am not going to mess up the 2.0.690 I have on my home PC

I'll check tomorrow morning, to see if I can delete PowerApps and see if it's possible to roll back to something other than .702. Thanks for the tip, so here's hoping that tomorrow is a better day for us.

I've already had enough drama for today, which was a total wash, zero work done today,  I just tested the browser version and the problem with Lookups still persists in the browser version.

SmartMeter
Level 8

Sorry about the total wash of the day. I had a developer install fresh on his iphone and can verify that .700 is the latest available in the store as of an hour ago, so if you delete it and reinstall, you should be good to go with 700.

And If the sun refuses to rise tomorrow, at least you put up a good fight today ;-) 

UB400
Level 10

@SmartMeter no dice. un-installed and re-installed, still get .702 in all it's Glory and the one glaring fault that's completely blocked everything for me.

Complete radio silence from Microsoft on this, just saw another thread with several others reporting the same issue.

Come on PowerApps Team, what's going on here? Is support for lookup Columns getting dropped, can some one from Microsoft give us some guidance, do we stop using Lookup Columns in Sharepoint?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @UB400,

Thanks for the feedback.

I tested from my side and the Lookup works:

75.PNG

Take a try to update the SharePoint connection, see if that would make any difference.

If issue insists, please take a reproduce of this issue, after that, share the corresponding Session ID, I will help to report this issue.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @UB400

I can also confirm that things work again as expected with lookup type columns.

UB400
Level 10

@v-micsh-msft I tried what you suggested, it doesn't work for me. See below the Session details

Session ID: 7f2e678c-ec86-b16e-d385-fc794113df65
PowerApps 2.0.702

@Meneghino and @v-micsh-msft are you on version 2.0.702 ? Because my Apps are working fine on another PC that is running 2.0.6990

I'm about to make a new SPO site, just to test if it has anything to with the particular SPO Site I'm using, but I can't see that being the issue, given that it works with PowerApps version 2.0.6990

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 155 members 3,697 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: