cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rescoproducts
Level: Powered On

Bug - Saving New Forms with "Attachments" field, broken.

PowerApps SharePoint form won't let me save.

My PowerApps form for SharePoint List broke yesterday.  I ruled it down to the "Attachments" field.  We were only using this to display the attachments (not attach them).  Any "New" item created won't let us save the record when we have the "Attachments" field on our form.  The form works if I remove this field.  Not sure if this is related to any recent changes?  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  It was working before, but now we have to remove this field as a temporary workaround.  I've also created a simple list and new PowerApp and can replicate the issue on that too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chetangarude

Re: Bug - Saving New Forms with "Attachments" field, broken.

@jovan Thanks for the response. I should have acome back to the forum and updated it (my bad). The app is fine and upto the latest version, but this behavior was happening for a certain group of users, and we were able to identify the issue occurring due to a "restricted contribute" custom permission level. Reverting to OOTB "contribute" permission level fixed it. The only difference was the "restircted contribute" did not allow delete. Not sure why just removing the delete privileges would affect it, but might help someone else facing a similar problem.

9 REPLIES 9
JDP

Thank you, so much!!!! I had the same problem and couldn't figure it out.  I know it had to come about during the PowerApps updates yesterday or the day before, because I reverted back to earlier and as soon as I would make a change I wouldn't be able to save.  I've been going out of my mind for a day now with this.  Thanks again!

rescoproducts

I found a workaround.  The PowerApp form doesn't like it when you add the "Attachments" DataCard pulled from the Data Source.  However, If you create a custom blank data card.  Then add the "Attachments" control from the drop down at the top, the form allows you to save again and still maintain this field.  You need to populate at least the item field for this control with the following:  ThisItem.'{Attachments}'

Capture.JPG

PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

You are correct, this is indeed a bug.  New items cannot be created if the Attachments control is present on the form.

The fix to this bug is ready and will be released by the end of February at the latest.  We are also looking into the possibility of releasing it sooner.

Pieter

What is the ETA on adding attachments to a new form that saves to the sharepoint list?

PowerApps Staff FilipK
PowerApps Staff

ETA for saving new attachments is early March.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I realize that this has already been identified as a bug, and that the rough ETA on a fix is early March, but I was wondering if once fixed, will there be an announcement anywhere so we know that the fix has been implemented?

Thanks so much!

chetangarude

We are still experiencing the issue of not saving attachments. Has the fix been pushed out yet? I am unable to find any further information in the message center as well.

PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

@chetangarude , has your app been updated since the fix?

To make sure: you can just edit the app, make any change (even just a color of some label), and save it.  That should ensure that your app is on the newest version.

If the bug still repros then, can you please open a support call?

PS: to answer your question, the fix was published well over a year ago, so unless your app has not been updated in a very long time, this would have to be a completely different issue.  If this was somehow a regression, I would expect others to be running into it too.

chetangarude

@jovan Thanks for the response. I should have acome back to the forum and updated it (my bad). The app is fine and upto the latest version, but this behavior was happening for a certain group of users, and we were able to identify the issue occurring due to a "restricted contribute" custom permission level. Reverting to OOTB "contribute" permission level fixed it. The only difference was the "restircted contribute" did not allow delete. Not sure why just removing the delete privileges would affect it, but might help someone else facing a similar problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 286 members 4,445 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: