cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nathanpsmith
Level: Powered On

Bug: Text Input Controls not accepting input

I'm experiencing an issue where Text Input controls are randomly refusing to accept user input.

These input controls are being used for data entry. Randomly, when a user opens an app in a web browser or in the PowerApps mobile app on their iPhone, the controls will refuse to accept input. If the control is empty, nothing will happen when the user presses keys on their keyboard or keypad. If the control already has data, it will display those two blue "selection dots" as if allowing the user to select a range of text characters (similar to when you hold down on your iPhone to select a word or sentence in a body of text). This behavior is very similar to how the control would behave in View mode.

To resolve the issue, the user needs to close the app, wait a few seconds and re-open it. Repeat this a few times and it will randomly start working again. I've tried several things like re-publishing the app or opening a different app and then coming back and re-opening the original app, but I haven't found a pattern yet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... it appears to be random.

This issue happens across several different apps.

The issue began occuring within the last two weeks, during which time there were no major changes to any of the apps in question. The back-end for all of the apps is Azure SQL. These apps contain material sensitive to my company otherwise I would share them.

Was there some code change or other update in PowerApps, perhaps introducing a new bug that would affect Text Input controls in this manner?

3 REPLIES 3
nathanpsmith

Re: Bug: Text Input Controls not accepting input

I've found another workaround. When the above behavior happens, if you select "Fit to screen" from the "settings" drop-down in the top-right, it corrects itself every time (so far that I've tested).

Clipboard01.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nathanpsmith ,

I cannot reproduce your issue, would you please record the session ID next time the issue happens?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nathanpsmith

@v-monli-msftHere is the session ID for one such session:

Session ID: 49591e89-df93-4293-afd3-72ffed34b555
PowerApps 3.19082.13

As soon as I clicked the drop-down to copy and paste the session ID, the issue stopped occuring. It appears to be a rendering issue with the PowerApps website, perhaps related to the web browser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 363 members 4,298 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: