cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meneghino
Level 10

Bug report: Patch of date column to Azure SQL DB works but does not return value to context variable

When patching a date column with the following action

UpdateContext({MyPatch: Patch(MyTable, MyRecord, {DateColumn: Date(1970, 1, 4))})

Then the column in Azure SQL DB is updated with the correct value, but MyPatch.DateColumn is blank!

In other words, the context variable is missing the date information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug report: Patch of date column to Azure SQL DB works but does not return value to context vari

Hi Meneghino,

I can reproduce this issue on my side.

I am connecting to SQL Server On-Premise, and I have three columns in my table, Id, name and birthday.
When Patching with the following code, I can save data to the data source, and MyPatch.Id and MyPatch.name are working fine. While MyPatch.birthday is blank.

UpdateContext({MyPatch: Patch('[dbo].[a2]',{id:2,name:"ggg",birthday: Date(2017,1,4)})})

I am going to report this issue on my side. I will back once I got any response.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug report: Patch of date column to Azure SQL DB works but does not return value to context vari

Hi Meneghino,

I can reproduce this issue on my side.

I am connecting to SQL Server On-Premise, and I have three columns in my table, Id, name and birthday.
When Patching with the following code, I can save data to the data source, and MyPatch.Id and MyPatch.name are working fine. While MyPatch.birthday is blank.

UpdateContext({MyPatch: Patch('[dbo].[a2]',{id:2,name:"ggg",birthday: Date(2017,1,4)})})

I am going to report this issue on my side. I will back once I got any response.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Meneghino
Level 10

Thanks @v-yamao-msft

This is really important, also because the data in a gallery connected to the data source shows a blank after the patch operation.

Look forward to hearing back, and keep up the good work.

Highlighted
DrBread
Level: Powered On

I am having issues as described above, has there been anything done to resolve this bug? If not, is there any work around to said bug?

I have been working on an app and wish to present it, but disappearing dates really puts a downer on things.

Thanks,
J

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @DrBread, sadly as I have posted elsewhere the SQL Server connector is somewhat buggy and not just in relation to dates.

However I am told by Microsoft support that some of the bugs will be fixed in July, but I am not sure which.

So I suggest you do not hold your breath and use a work-around.

I am now storing all dates as int type columns of value yyyymmdd

The reason is that this also allows for filtering of periods using > and < (which does not work with date type columns, another bug)

With this work-around I have been able to do everything I needed and not been concerned with time zone effects etc.

I hope this helps.

Meneghino
Level 10

Hello @v-yamao-msft

Is there any update on this issue?
Many thanks.

Meneghino
Level 10

Hello @v-micsh-msft, I had no reply from @v-yamao-msft, so maybe you can help.

Is there any update on this issue?
Thank you.

KC
Level 8

Any updates on this, we are experiencing this as well.

Meneghino
Level 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 195 members 4,702 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: