cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meneghino
Level 10

Clarification: IsBlank and in are not delegated with lookup columns in SQL server (Access Web App)

Delegation does not work with lookup column types, such as the following (I get the bue i warning)

Filter('[Access].[MyTable]', IsBlank(MyLookUpColumn) )

Hence the documentation should clarify than not only data sources and functions must be delegable, but also column types must be delegable for delegation to work.  Even better, please extend delegation to lookup columns, they are just integers after all...

From the documentation:

Filter, Search, and LookUp can be delegated.

Within the Filter and LookUp functions, the following can be used with columns of the table to select the appropriate records:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Clarification: IsBlank and in are not delegated with lookup columns in SQL server (Access Web Ap

Hi Meneghino,

Update:

Under SQL server 2016, with the fomula below, filter will not work well.

Filter('[dbo].[Sales]',IsBlank(Product))

Not only the lookup column, but also the other columns are not supported here. I think the issue here should be the isblank function.

IsBlank( Value )

• Value – Required. Value to test.

1.PNG

In function works:

2.PNG

If I have any misunderstandings, please let me know.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Clarification: IsBlank and in are not delegated with lookup columns in SQL server (Access Web Ap

Hi Meneghino,

Thanks for the remindings.

I agree that documentation should make the explanation clear enough.

Regarding the Delegation, it explains the following:

"However, every data source is different, and not all of these are supported by every data source. Check for blue dot suggestions in your particular formula."

I will test the foreign Key column in SQL server (Microsoft Access Web Database?), and will collect this as a feature request once confirmed.

Thanks again.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Meneghino,

Update:

Under SQL server 2016, with the fomula below, filter will not work well.

Filter('[dbo].[Sales]',IsBlank(Product))

Not only the lookup column, but also the other columns are not supported here. I think the issue here should be the isblank function.

IsBlank( Value )

• Value – Required. Value to test.

1.PNG

In function works:

2.PNG

If I have any misunderstandings, please let me know.

Regards

View solution in original post

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Thank you for following up on this.  Yes, you are right, IsBlank does not now seem to work with any column types.

Will you put forward as a feature request?
Thanks for the hard work.

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Meneghino,

Glad to help.

I will help to collect this from my side.

And if it is convenient, please also submit an idea on this in the PowerApp Idea forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Meneghino
Level 10

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @v-micsh-msft, is there any update regarding the delegation of the in operator?  Otherwise it seems impossible to do joins efficiently.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 357 members 4,298 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: