cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UB400
Level 10

Common Data Services - All Data in my Database has disappeared

As of last night everything was fine. This morning the DB is empty, all the entities in the DB are empty. How do I raise this issue with support, how do I get my data back?

4 REPLIES 4
Jason_Hough
Level 8

Re: Common Data Services - All Data in my Database has disappeared

I  complained last week or so that my app disapeared and a lot of people complained about the same on my post.Then I contact office365 support - they didnt do much but a few days afterwards it was all clear - I guess your worried , I wouldnt worry to much at the moment - most probably it was a software update (thats what happened last week when we all lost our apps).

Highlighted
UB400
Level 10

@Jason_HoughThanks for the reply. What avenues did you pursue to get them to take action? I would like to make sure that I can get the relevant person's attention so that this issue gets resolved and not buried in here.

I don't understand how Microsoft can push CDS as a serious platform, if data dissapears overnight. They don't even have a decent mechanism to make backups (from questions I posted, I was told that we have to use Flow to export Data to an Excel Spreadsheet hosted somewhere in the "Cloud".Nor do they have any versioning options that would allow you to roll back data to a previous date.

I was trying to find the time to start implementing the above, and now data has dissapeared.

Let's hope Microsoft can get it's act together on this quickly, otherwise I would have to abandon CDS and find alternatives.

Meneghino
Level 10

I would recommend any and all to consider Azure SQL DB as an alternative to CDS.

Apart from the fact that it is mature and robust, it can also be directly queried by Excel Power Query to produce reports.

The compatibility with PowerApps is also improving every week.

UB400
Level 10

@Meneghinothanks for the recommendation, deinitely something to look into. I've just checked, my data has re-appeared. While I'm happy to have my data back, I'm not so happy that these things happen without notice, how are we supposed to rely on CDS as a platform, if they take it down at will, the least they can do is notify us so that we can inform Users in advance that there will be downtime.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 72 members 3,829 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: