cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Migrated_User
Level 10

Connection to SharePoint Online does not show all lists

Content migrated from TechNet. Post attribution to: Thilo Graf

why doesn't PowerApps show all lists of my sharepoint connection?

6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft Employee

Re: Connection to SharePoint Online does not show all lists

Hi Thilo,

From your description, PowerApps doesn't show all lists of your SharePoint site. Is it right?

Please check the user that you use to connect to the SharePoint connection has proper permissions on the site. Also you can try to use a user with full control on the site to create the connection, then test again.

Thanks,

Wendy

Steelman70
Level 10

I have the same issue: I can create a connection to my SharePoint Online linked to our Office365 subscription, and I can add a data source from this SharePoint site collection.  However something very strange goes on:

• Not all sub-sites appear in the choices 
  • Even if a sub-site appears not all lists of that sub-site are presented as a choice
  • Some sub-sites that I deleted a few months ago appear in the list and give errors when I try to add the data source!
  • I see a choice of 30 subsites/lists in total, could it be that there is a limit to the items returned by a connection to SharePoint Online?

• New lists added to the SharePoint site do appear even after refreshing
  • Deleted libraries and lists persist even after deletion from the recycle bin and second-order recycle bin

Below is the end of the choices as I see them, with the red circled sub-site not existing.  This sub-site is not even in the second-order recycle bin and does not appear anywhere in SharePoint Designer.

I am the site collection administrator so I have full rights on everything.

Any idea what is going on and how to work around it?

Data_sources.jpg

Microsoft Employee

Hi,

The sites under Recent sites are not the subsites of a site collection, are the sites which are used recently with the same connection.

If I connnect to a connection and a site, I could see more than 30 lists. Please check if you have permissions on the lists which are missing.

If I delete a list, and connect to the site in PowerApps, the list doesn't appear.

Currently, I am using PowerApps 2.0.430, please check your version number, make sure you are using the latest version.

Thanks,

Wendy

Steelman70
Level 10

Thank you.  I have now upgraded to 2.0.430 but still have issues.  The items under recent sites are not just sites, but continues to be a random mixture of sites and lists and folders.  Please look at the screenshot in my original post, you will see Shared Documents and even Shared Document folders appearing in the list.  It still only shows 30 items in total.

What has changed is that I no longer get an error when I choose a non-existent site, it shows instead a menu of lists that are actually in the parent site of the non-existent site.  If I select the the list I can connect to it and it works normally, but this behaviour makes it difficult to find the data I want to connect to because it is not clear where it is.

Just to be clear, the issue is with the Recent sites.  I have all permissions since I am administrator of the site collection.

Arjenvdbosch
Level: Powered On

I have exactly the same problem. Not all lists are visible in the datasources screen. Is there a solution available yet? I am also administrator.

Kind regards.

IngeborgNZ
Level: Powered On

As has been said before: The list in the screenshot above is just the recently accessed data sources, not a list of all sites or all lists in a site.

You need to enter the siter url into the text box above the list. What happens when you copy and paste the URL of your SharePoint site into the text box? Then you should see all lists in that site. Does that not work for you?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 366 members 4,437 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: