cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azeesdinu
Level: Powered On

Copy Flow Add events to Edit Event

Hi,

I have created flow for Item added event of custom list. I wanted to have the same flow for Edit Event also. 

Can we copy and Paste the workflow or any setting (like designer workflow) in MS Flow ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Copy Flow Add events to Edit Event

@azeesdinu 

You can change your Flow trigger

Delete the first action(trigger) in your Flow and replace it with "when an item is created or modified"

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @azeesdinu ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to fire a flow when a item is created or updated in your SP list?

If you want to fire a flow when a item is created or updated in your SP list, I think it is not necessary to copy and paste the existing flow. Instead, I think the "When an item is created or modified" trigger of SharePoint connector could achieve your needs.

On your side, you change the Trigger within your existing flow into the "When an item is created or modified" trigger as below:10.JPG

The "When an item is created or modified" trigger would be fired when you add a new item or edit an existing item in your SP List.

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
SCTdan
Level 8

You can export / import an entire flow, that's likely the easiest way here.  From the Flow detail page, there's an Export option up in the menu.  Then instead of clicking 'New' flow, click the Import button right next to it.

Alternatively, instead of triggering your flow on when an item is created, you could instead us 'When an item is created or modified'.

Super User
Super User

There is Preview functionality that is currently being rolled out that will let you copy Flow actions to your clipboard.  From there they can be pasted into other Flows. If you click on the Elipse '...' in the action you will see copy to my clipboard (Preview). If this has reached your tenant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
bhitchlockfcs
Level: Powered On

Hi @azeesdinu,

Copying within a Flow is not currently available. What I generally do is save a copy of the Flow and then make edits to the new version.

You can delete and replace the trigger in the new Flow and make changes as required.saveas.png

Super User
Super User

@azeesdinu 

You can change your Flow trigger

Delete the first action(trigger) in your Flow and replace it with "when an item is created or modified"

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @azeesdinu ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to fire a flow when a item is created or updated in your SP list?

If you want to fire a flow when a item is created or updated in your SP list, I think it is not necessary to copy and paste the existing flow. Instead, I think the "When an item is created or modified" trigger of SharePoint connector could achieve your needs.

On your side, you change the Trigger within your existing flow into the "When an item is created or modified" trigger as below:10.JPG

The "When an item is created or modified" trigger would be fired when you add a new item or edit an existing item in your SP List.

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 391 members 4,140 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: