cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NielsL
Level: Powered On

Create radar chart in Canvas App

I'm looking for some inspiration from you PowerAppers.

I'm trying to emulate a radar chart in a Canvas App. I know that it's not among the standard charts that are supported out of the box but I am hoping it is possible to achieve something similar using various properties and formulas.

Here's the radar chart in Excel:

Capture1.PNG

My initial thought was to use a rectangle shape, rotate it 45° and then modify the X, Y, Height and Width properties based on the input fields.  However, it doesn't seem to be possible to rotate a shape in PowerApps.  Using an image file is not an option as well as the size will affect hwo the border shows. 

I have tried using different shapes to emulate the series of a radar chart - but it is not really going to show the outliers and commonality as a real radar chart would do. 

radar.gif

Do you have any ideas on how I can better emulate a radar chart in Canvas App than what I ahve already tried?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Create radar chart in Canvas App

Hi @NielsL

I realise this isn't an easy option, but if you can work out the lines and polygons that are required to build your radar chart, perhaps you could use the dynamic SVG technique to do this?
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/davidni/2017/01/08/advanced-powerapps-visualizations-with-dynamic-s...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @NielsL,

All avaiable icons are shown in the Icons selection. Generally I think you requirement would need to be achieved by setting the X/Y property of the controls. If you need more available shapes, you will need to post an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
JohnP
Level 8

@NielsL

Some time ago I created a scatter chart in PowerApps using a gallery - it is used in a risk assessment application:

risk.jpg

It works quite well (it supports different ball size and colors as well) and I also toyed with the idea of creating a radar chart to represent the data (comparing different datasets), but I could not see an easy solution. Plotting the datapoints is feasible, but I don't see a way to connect the datapoints with a line. If anyone have any idea it would be really interesting Smiley Happy

NielsL

@JohnP,

Edit: I found the blog post where you were mentioned by name Smiley Happy 

That's awesome!

If you have time, could you share some information on how you created that scatter chart? By chance, it is actually the next thing on my list after the radar chart. 

I've not found a viable solution for the radar chart but I'll keep trying. 

NielsL

@JohnP,

But if have anything you could share from your solution, it would appreciated. I'm struggling a bit to get it working by reading the blog post. 

JohnP
Level 8

@NielsL

My starting point was this blog post (which was inspired by me):

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/davidni/2017/05/25/scatter-plots-in-powerapps-using-a-gallery-contr...

If you need further input just reply me here Smiley Happy

NielsL

@JohnP,

I'm struggling a bit to get the the scatter chart working with a data source. 

I'm trying to achive the same thing you did as I'm also going to use it for an assessment. Would you be able to share your file - or would you be able to shed some light on how you made it work? 

JohnP
Level 8

@NielsL

I cannot share the file as it's the property of our client, but I sent you a PM where we can discuss specifics about that project. This thread should be about the radar chart.

Super User
Super User

Hi @NielsL

I realise this isn't an easy option, but if you can work out the lines and polygons that are required to build your radar chart, perhaps you could use the dynamic SVG technique to do this?
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/davidni/2017/01/08/advanced-powerapps-visualizations-with-dynamic-s...

View solution in original post

Eickhel
Level 8

Just keep in mind that the SVG approach only works when running the PowerApps from a browser. It doesn't work on the Windows 10 App for example.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 534 members 4,562 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: