Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NabeelNQ
Level: Powered On

Created Log In, But cant log in

Hello Everyone once again,

I have one more doubt. 

I am trying to create a login page.

I already have an excel sheet with Username , Phone and Password.

I created this code, which worked initially, but now doesnt.

There are no errors, but it doesn not navigate to the next screen.

Please help me out, thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Created Log In, But cant log in

Hi @NabeelNQ

I think it would be useful if you could clarify why you want to build a login screen like this.

PowerApps provides built in authentication. Users have to log in via PoweApps before they can use your app, and you can share your app with only the users that you want to provide access. Therefore, you can secure your app with the security features that are nativley built into PowerApps.

The problem with storing your usernames and passwords in Excel is that you have to grant access to your Excel spreadsheet all the users that require access.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Does-every-individual-need-rights-to-use-my-P...

This means that any user can find out all the username and password combinations by simply opening your spreadsheet, thus circumventing any security that you want to build.

However if you really want to continue down this route, I think something like this should take you closer.

If(CountRows(Filter(Table4, Email=ONE.Text && EPassword=TWO.Text))=1, 
   Navigate(Dashboard,Fade), 
   If(CountRows(Filter(Table4, EPhoneNumber=ONE.Text && EPassword=TWO.Text))=1, 
      Navigate(Dashboard,Fade)
    )
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @NabeelNQ

I think it would be useful if you could clarify why you want to build a login screen like this.

PowerApps provides built in authentication. Users have to log in via PoweApps before they can use your app, and you can share your app with only the users that you want to provide access. Therefore, you can secure your app with the security features that are nativley built into PowerApps.

The problem with storing your usernames and passwords in Excel is that you have to grant access to your Excel spreadsheet all the users that require access.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Does-every-individual-need-rights-to-use-my-P...

This means that any user can find out all the username and password combinations by simply opening your spreadsheet, thus circumventing any security that you want to build.

However if you really want to continue down this route, I think something like this should take you closer.

If(CountRows(Filter(Table4, Email=ONE.Text && EPassword=TWO.Text))=1, 
   Navigate(Dashboard,Fade), 
   If(CountRows(Filter(Table4, EPhoneNumber=ONE.Text && EPassword=TWO.Text))=1, 
      Navigate(Dashboard,Fade)
    )
)

View solution in original post

NabeelNQ
Level: Powered On

Thank you so much timl!

Works perfectly! Smiley Happy

Also, the part about using PowerApps built in authentication sounds cool. Will look into it.

Thanks again! Smiley Happy

Super User
Super User

You're welcome @NabeelNQ!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 402 members 4,163 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: