cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WYSIWYG_Azz
Level: Powered On

Creating Apps for customers

How do people currently create a powerapp for a customer? For example you have a customer that you've designed sharepoint sites etc for and now they want you to build them a powerapp for it. Do you have to use their account? 

Is there a way I can't see that allows you to create an app under your account but connecting to their data, and then when you're done, give the app to them?

Thansk,

Arron

3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff carlosag
PowerApps Staff

Re: Creating Apps for customers

One way we have seen this addressed is either:

1) "System Integrators/Consultants" build the applications in their own tenant environment with test data (replicating their customers schema in their own backend)

2) Have guest accounts in their customers tenant and build on a test environment, that later gets moved to a "production" environment.

We are working on making some of these scenarios smoother by allowing you to more easily export applications from one environment and import them in a different environment. However, for now you need to "Save to a Local file", and do a bit of manual process to make it work.

Here is a link on how to achieve that: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/environment-and-tenant-migration/

Worth mentioning that depending on the data source it could be possible to simply add a connection to their data source, for example in the case of a SQL database, in your tenant and build the app. Then you could just move the app to their environment with the instructions above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creating Apps for customers

@carlosag ,

Is this perfectly legal/OK to offer a service to help build someone an application within Powerapps?

I see #2 being the option I would take if this is allowed. They would create me a guest account after purchasing Powerapps membership, then I would create them an application.

Thank you,

Austin

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 555 members 5,844 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: