cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GonzaloR
Level: Powered On

Custom Connector - error: array not supported in parameter

I am new to coding, and I'm trying to follow the microsoft guides on creating custom connectors.

I am attempting to connect to the Wrike api v4 to use with flow, and I have hit a wall when trying to create a folder with "project" properties. According to wrike "Wrike's API does not recognize application/json or form-data format of the query" .

So when I create an action in the custom connector to create a folder, I've added the "project" properties as part of the query, since it's my understanding I can't add them to the body. When using this method I have tested the connector in flow and I have been able to create a folder with the folderid(parent folder) and title. But, no matter what I try I cannot get the project parameters to work!

image.png

I am populating the request from this sample:

/api/v4/folders/{folderId}/folders?&title=Testfolder&description=descriptionTest&project=[{"ownerIds":"KUGEYQ5H","status":"Red","startDate":"2019-07-31","endDate":"2019-08-07"}]&shareds=shareds

and powerapps identifies the project parameter as an array, when I update the connector I get this error message:

Your custom connector has been successfully updated, but there was an issue converting it to WADL for PowerApps: An error occured while converting OpenAPI file to WADL file. Error: 'Parameter with type='array' is not currently supported at JSON path paths./api/v4/folders/{folderId}/folders.post.parameters[3]'

When I test in flow, it doesn't show me the nested parameters, it just shows a "project" field input.
image.png
So I tried adding the project parameters with a compose action, but it doesn't recognize the input stand-alone json:
{
  "ownerIds": [
    "KUAFFXRP"
  ],
  "status": "Green",
  "startDate": "2020-08-06",
  "endDate": "2020-08-13"
}
And i tried or using encodeUri:
encodeUriComponent(outputs('Compose'))
When I peek at the code in flow, i noticed that the Project parameter values are inside "double quotes" and not nested parameters:
        "queries": {
            "title": "Wrike test 4",
            "project": "@{encodeUriComponent(outputs('Compose'))}"
        },
So, I'm stuck!
Is there a different way I can format my sample to make this work? Have I made some fundamental error somewhere along the way? 
1 REPLY 1
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Custom Connector - error: array not supported in parameter

Bumping for visibility 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 3,687 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: