Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Knaveenstar
Level: Powered On

Custom Survey Using PowerApps with Sharepoint

Hi Team,

I have an requirment to build a survey in powerapps. The question will be retrived by sharepoint custom list and answerser needs to be saved on sharepoint list.

I am new to Powerapps please help me on this. 

I tried look on employee engagement survey it has defined questions only. 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Custom Survey Using PowerApps with Sharepoint

Hi @Knaveenstar 

I would recommend that you also take a look at @Mr-Dang-MSFTs Formativ app. This is a great sample app that includes all the logic for both defining and answering questions. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Apps-Gallery/Design-Patterns-from-Mr-Dang-Part-2/m-p/1...

This app uses an Excel data source, but you could amend it so that it uses SharePoint instead.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Knaveenstar ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to include questions and corresponding availabel answers wthin your app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Employee Engagement Survey template app has given you a right direction.

On your side, you could consider define a questions table along with corresponding available answer options as below:

ClearCollect(
QuestionTable, {Step: 0, Question: "Question1", AvailableOptions: ["Option1", "Option2", "Option3"] }, {Step: 1, Question: "Question2", AvailableOptions: ["Option1", "Option2", "Option3"]}, {Step: 2, Question: "Question3", AvailableOptions: ["Option1", "Option2", "Option3"]}, {Step: 3, Question: "Question4", AvailableOptions: ["Option1", "Option2", "Option3"]} )

Within each question screen, add a Radio button control, set the Items property to following:

LookUp(QuestionTable, Question = "Current Question").AvailableOptions          /* <-- you could also type corresponding available answer options directly, e.g. ["Option1", "option2", "Option3, ..."] */

Note: The "Current Question" represents the question you displayed within current screen, e.g. "Question1". If you do not want to use Radio control to list your available answers option, you could also consider add a Text Input box within your each question screen to collect user's answer.

Then within your last question screen, you could add a "Submit" button, set the OnSelect property to following:

Patch(                           /* <-- Collect answer for corresponding question in each question screen to your SP List data source */
         'YourSPList',
          Defaults('YourSPList'),
          {
            Question1: Radio1.Selected.Value,  /* Radio1 is in Question1 Screen */
            Question2: Radio2.Selected.Value,   /* Radio2 is in Question2 Screen */
            Question3: Radio3.Selected.Value,    /* Radio3 is in Question3 Screen */
Question4: TextInput1.Text, /* TextInput1 represents the Text Input box in your Question4 screen, used to collect user's answer */ ... } )

More details about Patch function, please check the following article:

Patch function

Please also check and see if my response within the following thread would also help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Converting-the-tutorial-style-slides-into-que...

Also please check and see if the following video would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisTtTc9aOY

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Knaveenstar how are you progressing with this? Were the above replies helpful? 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 87 members 3,269 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: