cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

Data cards change order when viewed on different platforms: mobile, web, preview

I'm having an issue in which my data cards are appearing in different orders on different platforms. I've tried 3 methods and none provide a consistent ordering across iOS, web and web editor preview mode.

I have 2 forms that show/hide data cards depending on toggled context variables controlled by other fields.

For the first form, I used the method described in this post--padding the Y values of each card:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/How-to-stop-datacards-from-changing-their-order/...

This works for form 1 and still works for it, across all platforms.

For the second form, I wanted to try something a little more elegant, so I use something along the lines of:

DataCard2.Y=DataCard1.Y+DataCard1.Height

DataCard3.Y=DataCard2.Y+DataCard2.Height

this worked for a long time until this week. I opened my app on Monday, and the toggled datacards, when visible, show up in an overlapping stack. I added a textbox to view their Height & Y values, and they all have the same Y, and it does not change when toggled! This behavior was only present in the browser play app mode. Mobile and editor preview continued to display correctly.

So I changed the Y values to be based on the last non-toggled datacard's Y:

DC2.Y=DC1.Y+DC1.Height

DC3.Y=DC1.Y+DC1.Height+DC2.Height...

This worked in preview and browser, but is broken in mobile > one card is reordering itself.

So I tried the fixed values method that I used on my first form. This didn't work at all for form 2, though form 1 is still performing correctly. Form fields are all rearranged in form 2 in all platforms.

I'm not sure what other recourse I have. Option 1 (y based on y+ht of data card above) should be the optimal route, and could be fixed by exposing z-values (checking in dev mode on Chrome, the datacards all have different z positions, which is why they overlap).

Option 2 should be working without issue. That's gotta be a bug.

Option 3 is also a bug, and is the issue addressed in OP.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data cards change order when viewed on different platforms: mobile, web, preview

I have faced the same problem. By default controls for any datacard are locked. Try to unlock the control and then move the card to desired location. It worked for me. Please give it a try.

Microsoft Employee

Re: Data cards change order when viewed on different platforms: mobile, web, preview

The data cards are all unlocked, as I've done extensive customization of them all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 353 members 5,066 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: