cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidsemitekol
Level: Powered On

Data cards not staying in position in forms and bug reporting

When trying to position the data cards in a form in PowerApps, they keep resetting and moving.  This is even when setting the X Y position of the data card.  Data cards are being set as visible with a formula referencing a variable for when a user clicks on a button.  (A tabbed form).  The data cards just won't stay in place and it is causing an impossibility to finish creating the form because they keep resetting and "forgetting" their X Y coordinate designation or position.

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Data cards not staying in position

Hi @davidsemitekol ,

Do you want to change the position of the data card?

Could you please check whether the widthfit or AutoHeight of the label is set to true?

Could you please turn off of them to test again?

And could you please reference this case?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Drag-to-position-Datacards-no-longer-works/m-...

More information:

working-with-form-layout#basic-layout-x-y-and-width

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

davidsemitekol

Hi @v-yuxima-msft 

Yes, I am attempting to position the data cards.  Width Fit is set to false on all cards.  I have referenced the materials and they do not solve the issue.  I can position the data cards if I work the form from the top down and not make any changes to the size of the data cards (or else everything resets).  Once I click on a "tabbed" button to hide and show remaining data cards, everything resets.  The X Y coordinates for each data card keep reseting even when trying to change their position.  For example, I can set the position of one card, then when I set the position of another card, the first card will reset and move to a new location.  Reorganizing the data cards using the flyout menu also does not work.  I can reorganize the data cards but then they also reset.

davidsemitekol

There is now a new bug to report with the data form.  It appears after adding a new form and then changing the form name in the Tree View.  When selecting a data card to resize, the width of the data card automatically sets to "0".

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @davidsemitekol 

Thanks for your post and I test with waht the bug you say, and I guess you use one edit form to test.

And for my understanding from the doc. and do another test, I think you need to give the form  item and then test and it will work well.

Edit Form: Update one or more fields in a single record (or create a record starting with default values), and save those changes back to the underlying data source.

Card controls are the building blocks of the Edit form and Display form controls in canvas apps. The form represents the entire record, and each card represents a single field of that record.

Test:

20190523FormTest.gif

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @davidsemitekol can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

davidsemitekol

Hi @TopShelf-MSFT 

The above post from @v-yuxima-msft was not helpful, nor was it very clear.  I think the user is not understanding the issue here.

PhilD
Level 8

@davidsemitekol @  you might want to check out this thread as it relates to what you are experiencing.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Please-don-t-allow-Form-Cards-to-change-order-on...

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I Skyped with Microsoft Engineers last week and replicated this issue for them. They are aware. Unsure of an ETA.

Super User
Super User

Interesting that the link to the idea is dead now... hm

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 296 members 1,899 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: