cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcoates
Level: Powered On

Delegation for Excel

Hi - any update on when delegation will be supported in Excel? It's been "Coming Soon" for a long time now and the 500 row limit is holding up progress in my organisation significantly. I suspect the same applies for others? Please can we have a date for when this will be released so we can manage expectations.

Thanks

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CFS

Re: Delegation for Excel

@gcoates wrote:

Frankly "no ETA yet" is a poor answer. It was you guys that set the expectation of "coming soon" and that status has not changed for months and still no ETA. Other (paid) data sources may have delegation however the other corporate db's that I am using PowerApps to augment export in Excel. PowerApps offers the ability to extend the usefulness of these db's to my users however if Excel delegation is not to be supported soon I will need to look at alternatives that don't have the restriction (e.g. Google Apps).

At least consider raising the limit to something useable while you figure out an ETA you can stand behind?

Thanks

Graham 

Re to the red font in above quote:

Fyi. The limit has been raised to 2000 now for data sources that don't support delegation (e.g., the OneDrive Excel).

Thx

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @gcoates,

If you mean the other datasource, yes.

There is an idea posted in the idea forum:

Fix 500 Record Limitation

Please consider vote it up so that delegation would be considered in a higher priority.

I believe the Product Team are aware of the importance of the delegation, and they are trying to make it.

In addition to the data source , there are alos functions need to be considered when enable the delegation.

Delegable data sources

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff archanan
PowerApps Staff

We don't yet have an ETA for Excel delegation support. As mentioned in the previous reply, there are a number of other data sources that do support delegation - such as SharePoint, SQL, Dynamics 365 etc. You could consider moving to one of these data sources in order to get delegation support.

gcoates

Frankly "no ETA yet" is a poor answer. It was you guys that set the expectation of "coming soon" and that status has not changed for months and still no ETA. Other (paid) data sources may have delegation however the other corporate db's that I am using PowerApps to augment export in Excel. PowerApps offers the ability to extend the usefulness of these db's to my users however if Excel delegation is not to be supported soon I will need to look at alternatives that don't have the restriction (e.g. Google Apps).

At least consider raising the limit to something useable while you figure out an ETA you can stand behind?

Thanks

Graham 

mh1990

Is MS facing difficulty to apply delegation to Excel as database? It seems delegation is yet available now...

CFS

@gcoates wrote:

Thanks

Graham 

Re to the red font in above quote:

Fyi. The limit has been raised to 2000 now for data sources that don't support delegation (e.g., the OneDrive Excel).

Thx

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 282 members 3,436 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: