cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PadminiDeshudu3
Level: Powered On

Display Two List Data in a Gallery control of PowerApps form

I have a SharePoint List of  below items.

Pic1.png

In the PowerApps form I have a Gallery control with a display form. I have added one button control in that screen. In the Display form I have displaying the Gallery selected item.  In my button control I wrote the below rule so that particular Item Id will save to a Different SharePoint List named as "AboutCountry" title column(Default column).

Picnew2.png

Below one is "AboutCountry" list where we can see the ID value in the Title(Capital) column.

PicNew3.png

I have added two more column in the "AboutCountry" field as "LargestCity" and "OfficialLanguage".

PicNew4.png

Now My requirment is I want to display this 2 list(Country and About Country) data in a Different Gallery control. I want when user will click on the next icon of Gallery control, then respective item details should come in the Details form. I donot know how I can manage two list item in a Gallery control. Please Share with me if any body have solution.

In the Gallery control single list data we can show easily but two list data how to do?? I want based on the ID It should filter. For Example In the Gallery we will show the Country Name. When user will click on the Country name on the Gallery control next icon  he should able two see all details like "Population", "PerCapitaIncom", "LargeCity" and "officialLanguage" of respective item. Suppose user click on "India" he can able to see all details in the Details Form like population in india, PerCapita income in India, Large City in India and Official language in India..I donot know it is possible or not??

Regards,

Padmini

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: Display Two List Data in a Gallery control of PowerApps form

@PadminiDeshudu3

My question is do your datasources Countries and About Countries have a one-to-one relationship? Meaning, for every entry in Countries is there a single matching entry in About Countries?  If the answer is yes, here's what you can do:

Add a blank label to the Country gallery and use the following LookUp formula in the Text property.  This solution assumes the ID for India is the same in both the Countries and About Countries tables.

LookUp(AboutCountry,ID=ThisItem.ID,LargestCity)

Let me know if this works

---

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly.  If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PadminiDeshudu3 ,

Do you mean that ID(country list) and Title(about country list) have the same value?

Could you tell me whether you want to display two lists information in one gallery or in one display form?

I assume that you want to display country list in gallery and display two lists information in details in the right part.

Try this:

1)set gallery's Items: country

2)insert two display forms in the right part.

form1's data source:  country

form1's Item: gallery1.selected

form2's data source: about country

form2's Item: LookUp(about country,Title=gallery1.selected.ID)

Please note that one form could only have one data source.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PadminiDeshudu3

Thank You Soo much you solved my problem. It is working fine for two display form control.

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Level 8

@PadminiDeshudu3

My question is do your datasources Countries and About Countries have a one-to-one relationship? Meaning, for every entry in Countries is there a single matching entry in About Countries?  If the answer is yes, here's what you can do:

Add a blank label to the Country gallery and use the following LookUp formula in the Text property.  This solution assumes the ID for India is the same in both the Countries and About Countries tables.

LookUp(AboutCountry,ID=ThisItem.ID,LargestCity)

Let me know if this works

---

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly.  If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PadminiDeshudu3 ,

Do you mean that ID(country list) and Title(about country list) have the same value?

Could you tell me whether you want to display two lists information in one gallery or in one display form?

I assume that you want to display country list in gallery and display two lists information in details in the right part.

Try this:

1)set gallery's Items: country

2)insert two display forms in the right part.

form1's data source:  country

form1's Item: gallery1.selected

form2's data source: about country

form2's Item: LookUp(about country,Title=gallery1.selected.ID)

Please note that one form could only have one data source.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PadminiDeshudu3

Thank You Soo much you solved my problem. It is working fine for two display form control.

PadminiDeshudu3

Your Solution helpful for me to display new column data in the Gallery control. Thank you very very much. Smiley Happy

PadminiDeshudu3

I have used the lookup column and able two see largecity data. Now I want to add the search functionality based on largest city. Somehow we displayed the column value using the lookup function but how to achieve the search functionality. I have added a Text box control. Then what to do? gallery control is connected to Countries data source. But I want to filter based on about country largestcity column. How to achieve???

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 214 members 4,626 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: