cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spencer
Level: Powered On

Re: DisplayMode=View removes border

I left the textinput control in edit mode and inserted a rectangle icon over the control and made sure to bring it to the front then I changed the rectangle fill collor to transparent RGBA(0.0.0.0)

I wanted the rounded corners and the label didn't offer that.  This gave me a textbox with the border that could not be edited.

ProNewbie

just put a rectangle icon behind id, or a label, set the fill color of the item in front to white for example and the item behind to another color, use formula on Y, X, Width and Height to create the BorderThickness.

ProNewbie

yes, thanks, everyone knows you can add a rectangle or another control. to make another box for an outline.

As an app developer though, I don't want to be adding 100 extra controls to my display screens every week.

A workaround isn't a fix, and what I'd like to see is a fix from Microsoft, not a workaround that doubles my time to build an app screen.

Thanks again though for the comment.

Spencer

@dave-jorgensen   My workaround is to leave the controls in edit mode and place a rectangel with (color transparent) over those controls so they cannot be edited.  Still a workaround but it dosn't take as long to line up and you can cover multiple controls at once if needed.

jsekuto

This is still an issue in 8/2019.

Highlighted
jsekuto

My first wordy response was lost because of an error so I figured I would try a simpler response first...

The rectangel around the field is not an acceptable workaround. Try creating, resizing rectangels 20 - 30 times and not making the form look wierd, especially if you have a view/edit toggle on the form.

Best soluttion in I see in the thread my opinion is set Form Mode.Edit and field DisplayMode.Diasbled. Then change the Disabled border, background, and text colors. In my case with an edit/view toggle, add an If statement for each of those. The transition looks smooth but its a bunch of work. Also, the control is still visible but you can keep that greyed out in the Disabled setting to indicate as much to the user.

As a potential solution that could save a huge amount of time for us citizen developers (who this was created for I think), could the View mode still show the border but remove the control, hint text, and maybe the tool tip to display the information to the consumer as intended, facilitate seamless transition from view to edit modes, and greatly reduce development time for those of us whose main job is not this... lol.

rkilani

If anyone is still struggling with this I ended up using a text label for textinputs that I wanted to be non editable. You can put borders on these.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 65 members 3,360 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: