cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinBostwick
Level: Powered On

Dropdown Box (Date) default value either blank or "-"

Sorry if the title did not make a ton of sense, but we have an app that was built by another person in the department that has a dropdown box you can select a date to display entries from that date. Right now he has to use a dummy value in order for the entire set of entries to be shown. As a user, that is annoying to me and I would rather it show up with a "-" or even blank to show all values. Here is a snapshot of the app, I hope I described this correctly:

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Dropdown Box (Date) default value either blank or "-"

It is possible. You would just have to write If logic to deal with - meaning show all items. Possible, but not trivial because it looks like you already have multiple filters in the mix. You can post the Items property of the gallery maybe we can help you hack it up. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
KevinBostwick
Level: Powered On

Here is the items from the table:

I dont know why I cannot copy paste from the browser, but here is an image of the items from our table

On a side note, thank you for everything you provide to the community. I really enjoy your youtube videos and for a novice, you provide many great solutions and starting points.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Happy to help Kevin. Smiley Happy 

So I am guessing here based on the formula. It looks like if you set a date there is a variable that is being set to true called varDate. What you would need to do is in that part of the formula add an If(Dropdown2.Selected.Value = "-", WorkList, Filter(Worklist, workdate = Dropdown2.Selected.Value))

Something like that should make all items show if you choose the - date and filter as normal if you choose a different date. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 198 members 3,123 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: