cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raristondo
Level: Powered On

ERROR FROM TOKEN EXCHANGE. BAD AUTHORIZATION TOKEN. THE ACCESS TOKEN HAS EXPIRED

I have this error when using my apps, it happens many times in the day, and we have not made changes to the app, the last thing that was done was to update Power Apps on the tablets. Someone has the same problem or an idea how to solve it.

"ERROR FROM TOKEN EXCHANGE. BAD AUTHORIZATION TOKEN. THE ACCESS TOKEN HAS EXPIRED"

37 REPLIES 37
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ERROR FROM TOKEN EXCHANGE. BAD AUTHORIZATION TOKEN. THE ACCESS TOKEN HAS EXPIRED

Hi @raristondo ,

Based on the issue that you mnetioned, it seems to tell that there is something wrong with the connection in your app. The connection you added within your app may be invalid.

Please check if the connection you added within your app is valid, if not, please update the connection within your app.

In addition, please also consider re-create a new connection to the data source (you added within your app) from your app, then try your app again, check if the issue is fixed.

More details about adding a connection within an app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-data-connection

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PK_Blazquez

Re: ERROR FROM TOKEN EXCHANGE. BAD AUTHORIZATION TOKEN. THE ACCESS TOKEN HAS EXPIRED

I am constantly taking the conections out then re-adding them back in, constantly signing out then back it. 
I AM Still getting this message, please help.

TheRobRush
Level 8

Bump for this.

This is an issue for many people right now, apps that have always worked have suddenly begun giving these token errors when updating share point lists. 

Happening on every iPad I put it on, intermittently, and regardless of the WiFi network I put them on. 

Something you you guys have changed recently is messing with tokens. Not sure if on share point side or PowerApps but the OP is right, this is something new that has just started occurring in the past week or two.

luuminhvuong93

I AGREE absolutely Crazy,

Especially if I use Flow integrated in Powerapps 

This "token has expired" happen quite often 

PK_Blazquez

I switched to a new account that has never opened powerapps before and it hasn't poped up yet.
This points to there being an issue with the refresh token itself not refreshing. so you only get the active tokens wich last 1 hour whenever you authenticate.
This would be a VERY serious issue if it is the case.
Please fix ASAP.

Highlighted
TheRobRush
Level 8

Made an app specifically to test this error today.

It is a very simple, patch new line of data into a sharepoint list.

Tested a few different things by using it.

First I opened PowerApps on the Ipad and left it open for about 20 minutes.

Then I opened the App to test with which started a countdown timer (2HRS). Every 10 minutes I clicked the submit button  with following code in it's OnClick

Patch(TESTPOWERAPPS,Defaults(TESTPOWERAPPS),{Title:"TEST",time:Now()})

Once the timer hit 1hr 20 minutes, the error everyone is mentioning occured.

120.png

At this point I hit the refresh button I added to test if it was correctable by an inapp refresh, it's onclick is

Refresh(TESTPOWERAPPS)

I then clicked submit again and recieved the same error.

Next step I closed the APP only (not whole powerapps prograM) via swipe, then reopened the app and tried submitting again. Same error message again.

Finally I closed the PowerApps program completely, reopened it, and loaded up the app and THIS let it submit.

SO in summary, about 1 HR after you open the powerapps program (not the apps within it) you will begin facing token issues.

I found 1 iPad that it does not occur on, an Ipad Pro, with a different iOs operating system version, so that may be another place to look for issues

See below

BAD.pngBroken TokensGOOD.pngTokens Work

raristondo

I still have problems, the behavior is what you indicate, we have not made any changes in our app's, however after a few minutes it returns to normal. As someone mentioned, it seems that the connection is not self-renewing automatically. Will there be any report or solution from the Power Apps team?

PK_Blazquez

I have 3 cheap tablets running the same app simultaniously.
I switched to a new account that has never use powerapps before to garentee authentication.
I Turned off any experimental settings in the app.
And I AM STILL getting this ERROR. 
Luckily still in trail period in this office but if this happens after we launch I am in Serious Trouble.

I am having to close and reopen powerapps on the tablets every 55 minutes as the active token doe not refresh automaticaly.

I would put this down as a Class A, at minimum Class B, Bug.
Please Fix ASAP.

TheRobRush
Level 8

Ran my app for testing this issue again this morning. Failed again at the 1 hr of powerapps being open point. Hoping a staff member takes a look here soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 73 members 3,473 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: