cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MikeLockwood
Level 8

Editable Table with ComboBox and AutoSave functionality

So I have been working on creating an Editable Table that has Comboboxes for currency selection and should auto save the record once a change happens. The data store is SharePoint and instead of using Choice fields in SharePoint I created them as text to eliminate the need for patching complex types back to SharePoint (such a pain).  Now I load a collection on screen load that say has a few numeric fields for dollar amounts, a title field and then my text currency field. On the combobox change event I patch the collection with the selected value.  For the first item in the collection this works fine.  For the next or any other item it defaults to the values of the dropdown in the first item.  This just does not make any sense, Hoping someone can explain this functionality.  

I played around with the information in this post but it is writing back a complex type as opposed to just a string.  

Thanks,
Mike L.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Editable Table with ComboBox and AutoSave functionality

Hi @MikeLockwood ,

Do you want to update by a combo box?

Could you show me your formulas or pictures?

As far as I know, the problem that you met is related to the setting of OnChange.

Try this formula:

Patch(Tbl,LookUp(Tbl,key=ThisItem.key),{currency: ComboBox_choice.Selected.currency})

What's more, as the post that you shown used a choice column as example, you need to change all the settings about it to text type.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MikeLockwood
Level 8

Here are the images of the 3 main controls.  Now i have found that if i do this with a plan table in a collection it seems to be working.  If i am using a SharePoint List to populate the collection then I seem to have the issues discribed in the original post.

Collection.pngComboBox.pngGallery.png

Thanks,
Mike L.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MikeLockwood ,

Could you describlr more clearly about "the issues discribed in the original post"?

It will be better if you could show me the screenshots about it.

Is picture1 a plan table in a collection?

How do you use a SharePoint List to populate the collection?

What are the two collections' differences, especially the data type?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MikeLockwood
Level 8

Phoebe Liu sorry it has taken me a bit to get back to you.

So in my pictures I am using ClearConnect to pull data in from a SharePoint list, so CIPQuestionnairre List is a SharePointList.  The KhalixValuesList is also a SharePoint list.    The issue is only when I am using a ComboBox, which is the second image, inside of a gallery thats items are colEnteredCIPValue (sharepointlist).  The is one ComboBox an 4 text fields.  I have the same type of functionality in the textboxes where on change they upate the collection, no issues.  For the combobox it it works fine for the first item in the list, updates the collection.  The problem is the rest of the items.  If I change the value of the combobox on the second item, it changes to the selected value for a split second and then gets set to the value of the combobox of the first item in the collection.  Now if i change the same item again it will stick.   So I can do the same thing but if I use a basic table as in the example I linked to in the original post it works fine.  So it seems that this is an issue with the SharePoint List but I cant figure it out.

Thanks,
Mike L.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 406 members 2,879 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: