cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benceb
Level: Powered On

Editor unresponsive, have to refresh every time I want to make a change

Hi,

I'm making an app which has some more sophisticated searching and filtering options. On the main screen, any changes I make now can render the editor unresponsive for minutes, many times I run out of patience and refresh the page.

I'm using SQL Server data sources, lookups for localization amongst other things.

The problem started when I tried writing filter formulas for the gallery on the main screen. Any changes in the formula could completely freeze up the editor, leaving me no choice but to edit the formula in an external text editor. Even then, when pasting the new formula, it could freeze.

I tried tweaking every app setting I could find, nothing makes a difference as of yet. The only experimental feature I'm using is the group control, which is essential. Could this be causing the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Editor unresponsive, have to refresh every time I want to make a change

Hi @benceb 

It might be worth trying a different browser to see if that makes a difference. A different browser might be able to parse/render whatever you type into into the formula bar more quickly.

Also, is the slowless in the editor specific to the app that you mention, or is it slow for every app that you want to edit?

benceb

I tried using Edge (instead of Chrome) to edit the app, but I get the same freezes.
I haven't really tried editing other apps, but I think it's specific to this one.
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @benceb are you still experiencing this issue?

@TopShelf-MSFT 

benceb

Yes, although not to the extent I described earlier. I still have to wait a few minutes sometimes for filter formulas to parse.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 162 members 3,396 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: