cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warren
Level: Powered On

Extracting Error Message From PowerApps Control and Store in Text Labels

Hi,

I have a scenario where when i submit certain data through a button control, and if the action failed due to some error, i would like to extract the error message which powerapps provide out of the box and store that in a text label to present to users to inform them if the action has failed/succeeded.

image.png 

Here, the data is not submitted using the FORM type, but rather a custom screen which i have created, as the action of clicking on <YES> button submits the data through a custom connector which is built to communicate with Microsoft Flow.

When it fails, PowerApps actually generate a small error tooltip with the description of what failed as shown below.

image.png

What i would like to do is to actually store this message in a label which i can use, so that if this label is empty, that means action is successful, else it fails.

Is there a way currently which i can extract this message which powerapps produce and store them in a text label? 

This error message appears to be an output of the action of clicking <YES> button, but when it fails.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Extracting Error Message From PowerApps Control and Store in Text Labels

Hi @warren,

Based on what I know, currently there is no related functions or feature available that would be able to save the error messages returned by the custom connector.

For form based data source, we could take use of Errors or the Validate function to check the error details.

But for custom connector, there is no related function that could be used to manage the Error messages.

Please consider submit this as an idea under the PowerApps idea forum.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 378 members 4,273 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: