cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajendra
Level: Power Up

Facing issue in edit option of survey app

Hi Team,

I have created a survey app which is spanned across multiple pages around 10 pages with lot's of page items on each page.

I am able to fill the survey and I am able to save the data on sharepoint list ,using the collection funtion for saving the data to sharepoint.

The problem is if someone wants to edit the filled survey I want to use the existing page items ( spanned across multiple pages ) for loading the current data filled by user from the sharepoint list and update the same record. 

Could you please suggest some solution.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
abd3127
Level 8

Re: Facing issue in edit option of survey app

Hello @Rajendra

I also did same kind of POC.

In my app, i was storing all my data in SP list and was displaying that list on a screen in Gallery control.

And there i gave a button Edit .

OnSelect of this button i was navigating to the first screen of my app to populate the controls on that page.

So basically if you are using a gallery control then u can use "Gallery.selected.ColumnName" on Default property of your controls.

But i think u r not using gallery so what u can do is make another column in ur SP List for user info and store the User Dsiplay  name or User Email there.

Then onselect of Edit, compare the data from SP list to the Logged in Users Email or Display Name. And then use that info to populate ur controls.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rajendra,

Here is my understanding about your issue:

You have too many columns for one item in SharePoint list that you want to seperate them to multiple screens in SharePoint. You have managed this to work when adding a new item, but do not know how to edit an exsiting item in multiple screens with multiple edit forms and submit them with one click. If there is any misunderstanding, pleas feel free to tell.

If this is the situation, then I'm afaid that this cannot be achieved so far. Please consider to include all the columns in one edit form. You can include as many as you need as a scrolling bar would be added automantically once there are too many of them.

13.jpg

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rajendra
Level: Power Up

Hi Mona,

You understanding is absolutely correct.

But I can't combine these multiple forms in one single page as our app is a Survey app and each page is representing a question title which is having multiple questions.

Can you please suggest me any other way for achieving the desired result.

Thanks,
Rajendra Yadav

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 98 members 3,701 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: