cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wj475
Level: Power Up

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I am trying to run my applications through the PowerApps web player. Everytime I (or other people that are trying to access the apps) do, the screen never gets past the loading spinner.

I opened the console (using Chrome, but error exists in IE also), and saw errors that .js and .css files weren't loading. When I looked at the files in the console, I didn't see anything for the files indicated in the error messages (see the powerapps error.jpg attached). When I checked the init.js file, I see the script for it (see init.jpg).

This is only happening when the apps are accessed through the player. When I edit the app, I can preview it and it runs like it should. They also load correctly on mobile devices. I'm not sure if it's something on my network side. Is there anything I can do to get the applications to load?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff richdiMSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Hi 

I looked up the failures for the tenent number you gave us and it looks like something on your company is blocking access to the CDN which host the player files. 

Can you make sure your company is allowing traffice to the services documented in this article? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config#required-services

For looking at your failure the is the domain which is getting blocked:

https://powerapps-ux-prod-eastus.azureedge.net

Hope this helps,
Rich

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @wj475 ,

Did you mean that this issue only happens on specific pc? If so, please try with another pc, or web browser to test. 

What is your data source in this app? If you try to open another app from this device, with different data source, will the same issue occur?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft Employee

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problem using PowerApps.  Can you please clear your browser's cookie and cache and then try again?  If the problem persists, can you provide the sessionId by doing the following:

- Hit F12 while on the loading spinner screen

- Go to the console window

- Type this in the console and hit enter: 

Core.Telemetry.Log.sessionId;
- You should now the sessionId displayed.
- Please copy and paste the sessionId here
Highlighted
wj475

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for the reply! I cleared my cache and cookies, but when I tried to enter the command in the console I got an error message

VM57:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Log' of undefined at <anonymous>:1:16.

I see characters in the address bar that looks like a session ID, but I'm not sure since I can't see it in the app. These are the two numbers outlined in the attached screenshot, if they're difficult to make out. You can also see the error message from the command on the screenshot. 

left:

e004fb9c-b0a4-424f-bcd0-322606d5df38

right:

2f67725f57-0802-453e-ab9e-49b795cbf60c

wj475

Hi Mona,

Thank you for the reply! Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's happening when I'm on the organization network on any computer, and I and one other user have had this issue with the same apps.

When I open the app from my computer at home, I am not seeing this issue. I'm thinking it may be the network, but since it was working last week while at work I am not sure. The data souce is an Excel book on Office 365, even though I would prefer to have it on Sharepoint. I don't have access at my org to make a Sharepoint site.

PowerApps Staff richdiMSFT
PowerApps Staff

Hi 

I looked up the failures for the tenent number you gave us and it looks like something on your company is blocking access to the CDN which host the player files. 

Can you make sure your company is allowing traffice to the services documented in this article? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config#required-services

For looking at your failure the is the domain which is getting blocked:

https://powerapps-ux-prod-eastus.azureedge.net

Hope this helps,
Rich

View solution in original post

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @wj475 have you given a try with the solution provided above?

@TopShelf-MSFT 

wj475

Thank you, Rich!

Sorry for the late reply, I wanted to be sure it worked before coming back. It took a bit to get the company moving, but it works now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 372 members 3,776 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: