Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Function No Error But Not Working

Hi,

I have some trouble with the Filter function. I have two SharePoint lists. One called General Info which contains general employee infos with a column called EID - DataField = ye5n. The other list called HR which includes assigned tasks for HR department to complete with a column called Employee ID. For each employee, there are multiple tasks. I'm trying to create a filter for tasks based on employee. This is the formula I'm trying to use. There is no error but nothing shows up.

Filter(HR, BrowseGallery1.Selected.ye5n = Employee_x0020_ID)

I really appreciate if someone could help me solve the problem.

Thank you.App.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
PeteMc
Level 8

Re: Filter Function No Error But Not Working

Are the employee ids numbers or text, for filters to work both sides of the check need to be the same type, you can change either side into text or numbers by using value() or text() if they are text the also need to match on case, to do this use upper() or lower() on both sides.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Could you please share more details about columns and datas in the sharepoint lists?

Will the value in the ye5n column in the General Info list  have a same value in the Employee ID column in the HR list?

Please make sure the value in the ye5n column in the General Info list  have a same value in the Employee ID column in the HR list.

If the value in the ye5n column in the General Info list  have a same value in the Employee ID column in the HR list, so the function that you used would get the filtered date back to the gallery, and then I afraid that you haven't choose a Layout for your Gallery. 

You could choose your Gallery firstly, then you could choose the Layout for your Gallery as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Regarding how to customize a gallery in PowerApps, please follow the document below:

Customize Gallery layout in PowerApps

Best regards,

Alice

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-yuazh-msft,

I used to have the employee ID in HR as "LookUp" but it didn't work. So I now have it as "Single line of text". Both of them are "Single line of text". I checked the Gallery Layout and changed it to a different Layout but it still didn't work.

General Info.PNGHR.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information @PeteMc! I didn't know about that. But I changed to add both upper() and lower() but nothing works.

Lower.PNGUpper.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 3,454 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: