Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andy_Prog
Level: Powered On

Filtering Employee Directory

Hey guys,

I am trying to create a directory, and what I am trying to do is filter with a search bar and a dropdown menu.

The drop down works only when there's a value selected, but I want the first value to be empty but to provide all the information from the Office365Users and be able to view it on the Gallery section.

Screenshot (15).pngThe Gallery functionScreenshot (17).pngThe items provided in the drop down menu

Hope someone can help me, I have tried as much as possible and I am struggling.

If you could provide some assistance, I'm pretty new at this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Andy.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Filtering Employee Directory

HI @Andy_Prog 

Can you please try to modify your expression as:

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({SearchTerm:txtInputEmployee.Text}), Account Enabled = true, If(ddDepartment.Selected.Value <> "",Department = ddDepartment.Selected.Value,true))
Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Super User
Super User

Hi @Andy_Prog 

This is happening because of incorrect Attribute Name, there is an extra space. Please remove it in the expression.

Expression: Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({SearchTerm:txtInputEmployee.Text}), AccountEnabled = true,
If(ddDepartment.Selected.Value <> "",Department = ddDepartment.Selected.Value,true))
6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

HI @Andy_Prog 

Can you please try to modify your expression as:

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({SearchTerm:txtInputEmployee.Text}), Account Enabled = true, If(ddDepartment.Selected.Value <> "",Department = ddDepartment.Selected.Value,true))
Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Andy_Prog

@yashag2255 thanks for your response.

I have modified the expression and it gives me more errors and a warning.

The information is not being read, I'm sure I tried If statements and they will not work.

Screenshot (21).pngScreenshot (22).png

Screenshot (24).png

If you need any more vaid information I will be happy to provide it.

Thank you for replying,

Andy.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Andy_Prog 

This is happening because of incorrect Attribute Name, there is an extra space. Please remove it in the expression.

Expression: Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({SearchTerm:txtInputEmployee.Text}), AccountEnabled = true,
If(ddDepartment.Selected.Value <> "",Department = ddDepartment.Selected.Value,true))
Andy_Prog

Thank you for clarifying that @yashag2255 .

It's working, I genuinely appreciate it, thank you very much.

I just have another query, if I wanted to add another drop down menu for lists with items(values) and I want it empty similar to the last one, do I add another If after the last If?

Kind Regards,

Andy.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Andy_Prog 

I am guessing you figured it out, but hust in case you need some assistance:

You need to add another if statement separated by comma in your filter query. Please use the expression:
Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({SearchTerm:txtInputEmployee.Text}), Account Enabled = true, If(ddDepartment.Selected.Value <> "",Department = ddDepartment.Selected.Value,true),If(ddDepartment2.Selected.Value <> "",Department2= ddDepartment2.Selected.Value,true))
Hope this Helps!
Andy_Prog

Everything is working perfectly now, thank you! I appreciate it!

Thank you very much for the help @yashag2255Smiley Very Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 515 members 4,562 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: