Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Daryl
Level: Power Up

Filtering Gallery

Hi there,

I have two datasets part of an App I am trying to make to show call records. The first gallery shows the accounts from a DB table called accounts. Clicking the account takes to a form showing the info on that specific account like PLan name etc. From there I have a button to another screen that shows call records for that customer which looks at a table called "callrecords". While that does infact show the call records, they are not filtered to that account and I am a little lost since I am new to this.

How can I restrict a gallery to show only filtered records based on the accountname I just came from on the previous screen?

I assume I have to specify some sort of filter in the "Data --> Items" section of the gallery on the Advanced Tab? Just don't know what.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Filtering Gallery

Controls can reference properties of other controls in different screens. In your gallery in the third screen that shows the call records, you can use a formula in the gallery on that screen that filters it based on the selection of the first gallery. Something along the lines of

Filter(callrecords, accountname = accountsGallery.Selected.accountName)

And yes, you would have this in the Items property of the gallery, which you can get either in the Advanced pane, or in the formula bar on top of the canvas.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Filtering Gallery

Controls can reference properties of other controls in different screens. In your gallery in the third screen that shows the call records, you can use a formula in the gallery on that screen that filters it based on the selection of the first gallery. Something along the lines of

Filter(callrecords, accountname = accountsGallery.Selected.accountName)

And yes, you would have this in the Items property of the gallery, which you can get either in the Advanced pane, or in the formula bar on top of the canvas.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 57 members 3,654 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: