Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ofs
Level: Powered On

Form cleans up ALL my inputs at submitting since last week

Please someone, please help.
My form was working fine until 2 weeks ago, but all of a sudden this started happening.

What is happening:
I created Form on PA Canvas from scratch, then set as following,

• Form1.DataSource = <Sharepoint List Name>
  • Form1.Item = Defaults(<Sharepoint List Name>)
  • Set Submit button & OnSelect = SubmitForm(Form1)

Very simple & typical yes?
When this started bothering me, all the data I input in each control are gone, flushed to blank after a second when I click a button of SubmitForm. Then in Sharepoint, all columns of the record are blank.

Another app of mine does not submit either. This has a button to Navigate to next screen, but the behavior is the same; All go blank when clicking a button.

I tested with a brand new Sharepoint List with just a Title column and a new Powerapps Canvas App. It doesn't work.
When I create a form App from Sharepoint, It's working. (This feature does not have iPad/Tablet size but just iPhone, so I cannot use it at the end.)

All I can think of at this moment is (A) Did I do/ Am I doing anything wrong (B) Office updated anything like blocking users like me from creating form apps from a blank canvas?

Since I cannot stop my client's business with my mysterious tech issue, so I hooked a collection to hand the input data, then connect it to each form control's default values. But I don't want to keep doing this since this was working intact weeks ago. Any helps are welcomed and appreciatedCat Sad. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ofs

Re: Form cleans up ALL my inputs at submitting since last week

Hi thank you for reply. I think I reached to a self-solution. This issue seems to occur when I Navigate away to another screen. So I put all form process (such as confirmation) to one Screen, and "virtually navigate" by switching visibility. Now everything looks working & the data is populated to SP perfectly. (Besides this actually became faster than multi-Screened version!) Hopefully can be a reference to anybody suffering from the same issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ofs

Wow it seems like working back (or fixed?) with a new Powerapps App & a new Sharepoint.

Still not working with my list yet though.

What I did today before testing is only cleaned up my Apps list by deleting some of test apps. That's all difference I think.

Are they working on a fix? I hope it works without any pause because my client use my apps everyday, all day.

Super User
Super User

Hi ofs,
You are more likely to receive help if you post this in the correct forum section.
ofs

Hi thank you for reply. I think I reached to a self-solution. This issue seems to occur when I Navigate away to another screen. So I put all form process (such as confirmation) to one Screen, and "virtually navigate" by switching visibility. Now everything looks working & the data is populated to SP perfectly. (Besides this actually became faster than multi-Screened version!) Hopefully can be a reference to anybody suffering from the same issue.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 191 members 4,593 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: