cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FelipeCaru
Level 8

Form: filter/levels to the form; user can use a control to show more rows to fill

Hello everyone, I have yet more questions Smiley Tongue

In my Excel file, imported from a Project Gantt chart, I will have a list of tasks with hierarchy, so to speak:

Project - Task - Sub task - Sub subtask

That would be the order in hierarchy. In Project, "Execution" (in following table) would have a (+) square to open and see elements on it or (-) to minimize, so to speak.

ProjectTaskSub taskSub subtask
LPApprove  
 ExecutionSoil Mechanic 
  Land buyingbuyer
   titles
   alcohol
   buyout
  River project 

What I want to ask is, in the form the user would use to add new project, task, sub task or sub subtask, is it possible to make it so the user see only those that need filling? for example, if it is only project-task-sub task, but no sub subtask, the user wouldn't see the option to fill that field in the form. A visual example, kinda, would be:

• If only using up to 'task':

formProject1.png

• Need additional level to subtask:

formProject2.png

• Need a third level/last hierarchy:

formProject3.png

Kinda like that, like, having a control in the [+] button that would add the extra level and also show the % progress of that one, so two things I guess. Or, perhaps, when "adding" (using button) it shows up? Well, ideas like that. Question is, then, is this possible in the PowerApps form?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Form: filter/levels to the form; user can use a control to show more rows to fill

Hi @FelipeCaru ,

Do you want the form can be display as you show in  hierarchy, and if you click the “+”, the hierarchy can add?

I think you can try to use updatecontext function,you can try the following workaround, I test as next:

Add one icon”+”, and rename it as icon_add test, Icon_add test.OnSelect: UpdateContext( { test: test + 1} )

Add one button and rename it Reset and Reset.OnSelect: UpdateContext( { test: 0 } )

Project_DataCard2.Visible: test>=1

Task_DataCard1.Visible: test>=2

Sub task_DataCard1.Visible:test>=3

Sub subtask_DataCard2.Visible:test>=4

20190301formshowmorerows1.jpg

Result test:

20190301Formshowmorerowsgif.gif

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

FelipeCaru
Level 8

Re: Form: filter/levels to the form; user can use a control to show more rows to fill

@v-yuxima-msft @RandyHayes 

Thank you both for your replies. The method posted did work however what I also did was follow the answer here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Flow/Make-field-visible-depended-on-other-field-Pow...

By using a slider button which, if enabled, will show fields, is disabled, hides them.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @FelipeCaru ,

Do you want the form can be display as you show in  hierarchy, and if you click the “+”, the hierarchy can add?

I think you can try to use updatecontext function,you can try the following workaround, I test as next:

Add one icon”+”, and rename it as icon_add test, Icon_add test.OnSelect: UpdateContext( { test: test + 1} )

Add one button and rename it Reset and Reset.OnSelect: UpdateContext( { test: 0 } )

Project_DataCard2.Visible: test>=1

Task_DataCard1.Visible: test>=2

Sub task_DataCard1.Visible:test>=3

Sub subtask_DataCard2.Visible:test>=4

20190301formshowmorerows1.jpg

Result test:

20190301Formshowmorerowsgif.gif

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Super User
Super User

@FelipeCaru 

Take a look at the discussion we are having in the other thread. about GroupBy.  I believe this will also help you with this situation. 

See if it does and if not...post back!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
FelipeCaru
Level 8

@v-yuxima-msft @RandyHayes 

Thank you both for your replies. The method posted did work however what I also did was follow the answer here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Flow/Make-field-visible-depended-on-other-field-Pow...

By using a slider button which, if enabled, will show fields, is disabled, hides them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 252 members 3,449 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: