cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LEARN_IT
Level: Powered On

Gallery goes to the wrong item at first

When the app is loaded or refresh for the first time, I click on any item to view details and the first item in the gallery shows instead of the one i click on. After that gallery works excellent. This is a first try error. Please help. I can't find a solotion. Any idea.

Thanks,

Learn

9 REPLIES 9
tommyly
Level 8

Re: Gallery goes to the wrong item at first

I see your initial post (Details screen not display the right selected item). This post seems to have more details, so let's work off of this.

So when you say you click on a gallery, there is an icon or object that you are clicking on. For example, let's say it's an arrow icon called iconArrow. It's property might look something like this:

iconArrow.OnSelect =
  Navigate(screen2, ScreenTransition.Fade)

If iconArrow.OnSelect has more syntax involved, you may want to consider this syntax to see if there's any discrepancy.

And then on screen2, there might be a form (e.g. form2) on screen2 that displays the details. The important thing to look at here is form2.DataSource and form2.Item. If your details are not on a form, it may be on a textbox or label (e.g. textbox1) or something of the life. If so, you may want to look at textbox1.text

tommyly
Level 8

If you can include the syntax in these property/events, it may be more helpful to answering your inquiry.

LEARN_IT

I don't have any form on the details screen. They are labels=Gallery3.sellected.Items(ID,date,location, etc...)

tommyly
Level 8

This is a very unique incident. In instances like this, the devil is in the details. Can you provide screenshots of your Advanced Settings for your main gallery and your details textbox(es)?

LEARN_IT

I traced down and the problem is in Gallery properties. I created a new gallery with no filter and it works, put my all my filter back and it didnt work.

tommyly
Level 8

What is your gallery.Item's filter syntax?

LEARN_IT

Items:

If(IsBlank(TextSearchBox1_8.Text),
Sort(
If(type="New",Filter(Tickets,Status="New"),If(type="MyNew",Filter(Tickets,Status="New" && TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text),
If(type="MyInprogress",Filter(Tickets,(TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text && Completed="No" && Status="In progress") || (TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text && Status="Awaiting Info") || (TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text && Status="Info Received")),
If(type="Cancelled",Filter(Tickets,Status="Cancelled" ),
If(type="Received",Filter(Tickets,Status="Info Received" && Completed="No" && TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text),
If(type="All",Filter(Tickets,Completed="No" ),
If(type="MyAll",Filter(Tickets,Completed="No" && TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text),
If(type="In progress",Filter(Tickets,(Status="In progress" && Completed="No") || (Status="Info Received" && Completed="No") || (Status="Awaiting Info" && Completed="No")),
If(type="On hold",Filter(Tickets,Status="On hold" && Completed="No"),
If(type="MyOnhold",Filter(Tickets,Status="On hold" && Completed="No" && TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text),
If(type="Closed",Filter(Tickets,Status="Closed"),
If(type="LEARN HH",Filter(Tickets,Location="LEARN HH" && Completed="No"),
If(type="SSS",Filter(Tickets,Location="SSS" && Completed="No"),
If(type="TRMC",Filter(Tickets,Location="TRMC" && Completed="No"),
If(type="DLAMMS",Filter(Tickets,Location="DLAMMS" && Completed="No"),
If(type="CTRA",Filter(Tickets,Location="CTRA" && Completed="No"),
If(type="TFS",Filter(Tickets,Location="TFS" && Completed="No"),
If(type="MSMHS",Filter(Tickets,Location="MSMHS" && Completed="No"),
If(type="RMMS",Filter(Tickets,Location="RMMS" && Completed="No"),
If(type="AllLocation",Filter(Tickets,Location="ALL Location" && Completed="No"),
If(type="3daysOld", Filter(Tickets, Completed="No",DateCreated <> datetype && DateCreated <>Text(Today()), DateCreated <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -2)),DateCreated <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -1)))))))))))))))))))))))),

Modified,Descending),
SortByColumns(
Search(Tickets, TextSearchBox1_8.Text, "Comment","Status","AssignedTo","RequestID","ServiceTypes","Location","Title","Subject","Description")
,"Modified",Descending))

OnSelect: Navigate(TicketdetailsPage,ScreenTransition.None,{PsFeatures:false,TSelected:ThisItem.ID,TAssetID:ThisItem.AssetID})

Highlighted
tommyly
Level 8

At first glance, it looks like your filter is quite long, which could possibly contribute to PowerApps's confusion when navigating.

If(IsBlank(TextSearchBox1_8.Text),
  Sort(
    If(type="New",
Filter(Tickets, Status="New"),
If(type="MyNew",
Filter(Tickets, Status="New" && TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text), If(type="MyInprogress",
Filter(Tickets,
(TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text && Completed="No" && Status="In progress") ||
(TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text && Status="Awaiting Info") ||
(TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text && Status="Info Received")), If(type="Cancelled",
Filter(Tickets, Status="Cancelled"), If(type="Received",
Filter(Tickets,Status="Info Received" && Completed="No" && TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text), If(type="All",
Filter(Tickets,Completed="No" ), If(type="MyAll",
Filter(Tickets,Completed="No" && TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text), If(type="In progress",
Filter(Tickets,
(Status="In progress" && Completed="No") ||
(Status="Info Received" && Completed="No") ||
(Status="Awaiting Info" && Completed="No")), If(type="On hold",
Filter(Tickets,Status="On hold" && Completed="No"), If(type="MyOnhold",
Filter(Tickets,Status="On hold" && Completed="No" && TechEmail=currentUser_1.Text), If(type="Closed",
Filter(Tickets,Status="Closed"), If(type="LEARN HH",
Filter(Tickets,Location="LEARN HH" && Completed="No"), If(type="SSS",
Filter(Tickets,Location="SSS" && Completed="No"), If(type="TRMC",
Filter(Tickets,Location="TRMC" && Completed="No"), If(type="DLAMMS",
Filter(Tickets,Location="DLAMMS" && Completed="No"), If(type="CTRA",
Filter(Tickets,Location="CTRA" && Completed="No"), If(type="TFS",
Filter(Tickets,Location="TFS" && Completed="No"), If(type="MSMHS",
Filter(Tickets,Location="MSMHS" && Completed="No"), If(type="RMMS",
Filter(Tickets,Location="RMMS" && Completed="No"), If(type="AllLocation",
Filter(Tickets,Location="ALL Location" && Completed="No"), If(type="3daysOld",
Filter(Tickets,
Completed="No",
DateCreated <> datetype && DateCreated <>Text(Today()),
DateCreated <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -2)),
DateCreated <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -1)
))))))))))))))))))))))), Modified,Descending)
, SortByColumns( Search(Tickets, TextSearchBox1_8.Text, "Comment","Status","AssignedTo","RequestID","ServiceTypes","Location","Title","Subject","Description"),
"Modified",Descending)
)

I'm guessing you have a textbox or a dropdown that the user can change, thus, assigning the value of type, and defining the type of filter to use on your gallery.

If it were up to me (and it is not), I would create separate dropdowns for the filtered columns (e.g. Location, Completed, DateCreated, etc.) and then they could be individually used to filter the gallery; however, I understand that people cater their design to the form and shape that makes the most sense to them. So, if you want to do a templated view type, here is one way to approach this:

1. Make a note of the columns in your dataSource (Tickets) that you are filtering. These just happen to be in no particular order: 
    1. Status
    2. TechEmail
    3. Location
    4. Completed
    5. DateStart
    6. DateEnd
  2. Since you are using your predefined templates (e.g. "New", "MyNew", etc.), then we need to make a note of that as well.
  3. Create a collection based on this information in the Screen.OnVisible:
    ClearcCollect(myFilters,
      Table(
        {
          TemplateName: "New",
          FilterStatus: "New",
          FilterTechEmail: Blank(),
          FilterDateStart: Blank(),
          FilterDateEnd: Blank(),
          FilterCompleted: "No",
          FilterLocation: Blank(),
          ListOrder: 1
        },
        {
          TemplateName: "MyNew",
          FilterStatus: "New",
          FilterTechEmail: currentUser_1.Text,
          FilterDateStart: Blank(),
          FilterCompleted: "No",
          ListOrder: 2
        },
        etc...
        {
          TemplateName: "3daysOld",
          FilterStatus: Blank(),
          FilterTechEmail: Blank(),
          FilterDateStart: Today() - 3,
          FilterCompleted: No,
          ListOrder: 20
        }
      )
    )
  4. The net result is that you will have a collection--in in-memory table--with the values that you will eventually filter your gallery with.
  5. Create a dropDown control. We leverage the ListOrder field in the new collection to put these items in the order you desire. Let's call this DropDown1. Set it's items accordingly (making sure to set its DisplayFields in the Advanced settings to ["TemplateName"]):
    DropDown1.Items =
      SortByColumn(myFilters,
        ListOrder, Ascending
      )
  6. Now you have a dropdown that shows your template filters. It's time to give your gallery filter a facelift:
    Search(TextSearchBox1_8.Text,
      Filter(Tickets,

If(IsBlank(DropDown1.Selected.Status),
          true,
          Status = DropDown1.Selected.FilterStatus
        ),

If(IsBlank(DropDown1.Selected.FilterTechEmail),
          true,
          TechEmail = DropDown1.Selected.FilterTechEmail
        ),

etc. with the other filters...

),
      "Comment", "Status", "AssignedTo", "RequestID", "ServiceTypes", "Location", "Title", "Subject", Description"
    )
  7. This will trim your If-Statements down from 21 statements down to 6. Plus, if you ever create new templates in the future, you just update your collection table (step 3) and you will remain at  6 If-Statements. In fact, you no longer have to touch your gallery filters (unless you want to add new columns to filter).

As far as your navigation:

Object.OnSelect = 
  Navigate(TicketdetailsPage,
    ScreenTransition.None, 
    {PsFeatures:false,TSelected:ThisItem.ID,TAssetID:ThisItem.AssetID}
  )

There's nothing wrong with using variables (e.g. PsFeatures, TSelected, TAssetID, etc.). In PowerApps, variables are finnicky. That's because PowerApps doesn't always do everything in chronological order. It's sort of like telling a bunch of 5th graders how to clean up the classroom and telling them to execute. The guys who are supposed to clean up on step2 might goof up and take longer than intended; the guys in step3 might finish before. When you take a snapshot, especially with a bunch of if-statements and data loading here-and-there, the result is finnicky at best. You're better off referring to an absolute value.

The values and properties of your gallery (let's call it Gallery1) are absolute. The good news is that they're also universal, meaning you can refer to its values and properties from any screen. Let's say your tickets have a column called Details. And TicketdetailsPage has a textbox called textDetails and another called textAssetID. You would just have to do this:

textDetails.text =
  gallery1.Selected.Details

textAssetID.text =
gallery1.Selected.AssetID

Even if this doesn't solve your problems, I hope it gives you a different perspective of simplifying and troubleshooting the solution.

LEARN_IT

I really appreciate your time on this. i will look at your ideas once i get back from vacation. If you don't hear anything from me: reason im away from work. happy holiday.

Thanks

LEARN

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 464 members 5,003 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: