cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimRohr
Level 10

Re: Gallery to update table on BOX shared location

I'm pretty sure that the problem with your statement is in the portion that I highlighted in Orange last time... that "GalleryCategory" field.

If the field underlying the data you want to capture/collect is called "Category", then you'd need:

Gallery.Selected.Category

...and if that doesn't work, put a period after "Category" and see if it wants you to drill down further.

...and if that doesn't work, post back with a screenshot of your formula so we can see where the red indicator is.

Rodney
Level: Powered On

I am sending doc with the print screen of the formula.

Rodney

Getting alot closer. Per your suggestion I added a period to see what it was expecting and I added TEXT. to each of the gallery1 items,.  No errors in the formula anymore AND I get a single line of the gallery added to by table2 on BOX. 

see attachment.  

Question is how do I get ALL lines from that gallery over to my table2 on the shared drive?

Rodney

Do you have a recommendation on my last question?

Highlighted
TimRohr
Level 10

Sorry, @Rodney... I'd lost track of this conversation. Thank you for recalling it to my attention.

Each field from the Gallery will need to be explicitly written to your datasource, probably with a Patch() statement.

So far you have spoken in terms of a Collect() statement... that gathers information into a Table, but that is a volatile table only available during the PowerApps session where the App is running... that is not your BOX datasource table.

So you will need to explicitly Collect() every field from the Gallery as required so that they are available once you are ready to do your Patch() statement, or you will have to use Patch() directly to reference each field in the Gallery and declare where they should map in your BOX table (could skip the whole Collect() process if you really didn't need it).

One thing to remember is that Collect() can get the entire record out of your Gallery at once. Then Patch() can refer to the individual fields as necessary.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 333 members 3,677 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: