cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajennings1
Level: Powered On

Get MS Teams to load up a specific PowerApp automatically

I have a project that requires the use of 2 PowerApps, one for an Admin and one for general Project Users. I have been able to automatically create an MS Team and insert tabs, specifically the PowerApp tab via PowerShell's MSTeams commands. The only problem i'm having is that for security purposes, I don't want normal Project Users to be able to install and use the admin PowerApp within their own Project Team. 

So far I can automatically create a PowerApp tab within a team, but the limitation is that MS Teams forces you to install PowerApps into the tab everytime a team is created. See screenshot below:

papps.PNG

As you can see, this screen appears everytime. I want it so that the specific PowerApp will load automatically. 

I know this is a little niche but it is quite important. If anyone has achieved this or had experience I would be grateful for help!

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get MS Teams to load up a specific PowerApp automatically

Hi @ajennings1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to auto-install PowerApps within your PowerApps tab in your MS Teams, and open a specific app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within Microsoft Teams, we could only install PowerApps into the tab manually. There is no way supported to install PowerApps into a MS Teams Tab automatically.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ajennings1
Level: Powered On

Re: Get MS Teams to load up a specific PowerApp automatically

@v-xida-msft ,

Thanks for the response. That is basically my scenario. This is a more detailed, step-by-step guide to my original idea:

- Admin creates a new Project in a SQL table via the Admin PowerApp

- This new item triggers a flow that calls a PowerShell Runbook in Azure Automation, containing the script that creates a new MS Team and the PowerApp tab automatically.

- The PowerApp in the tab loads up with the non-Admin version, pre-installed.

That was my initial hypothesis but it seems a little too complex to workaround.

Even if there was a way of limiting the list of PowerApps the user could install from MS Teams i.e. blocking the Admin PowerApp from being installed within a new team?

I think more research needs to be done!

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Top Community Contributors for September  2019

Top Community Contributors for September 2019 🎉🎉

Let's thank our top community contributors

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 406 members 5,213 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: