cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panterra
Level 8

Get custom properties from Azure Table Storage using AzureTableStorage.GetEntities

I am creating a simple form that uses the Azure Table Storage as a data source. I have successfully connected to the Table in Azure Blob Storage.

Here is what the table looks like:

AzureTableStorage3.PNG

I would like to bind this table's Region property to the Drop Down List.  I am able to use the AzureTableStorage.GetEntities function to return all values from the table and display the Row Key in the Drop Down List using this function.

Here is the formula I'm using for this: Formula: AzureTableStorage.GetEntities("DemoRegions", {NextPartitionKey:"R1"}).value

Does anyone know how I can show the values from the Region column / property instead?

PowerApps Formula and DDL.PNG 

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get custom properties from Azure Table Storage using AzureTableStorage.GetEntities

Hi @panterra,

I will try to escalate your issue as I couldn't find any documentation on how Azure Table Storage works with PowerApps. If I got further information, will update here.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: Get custom properties from Azure Table Storage using AzureTableStorage.GetEntities

Hi @panterra

The answer is simple and in your screenshot.  You see there is a Value property just below Items?

Just change that from 'RowKey' to the column you want displayed.

Please let me know if this helps.

panterra
Level 8

@Meneghino and @v-monli-msft

Thank you for your responses!

I am able to use the value property to change what is presented to me.  However, the choices are limited. I am able to choose:

• "Additional Properties"
  • "Partition Key"
  • "Row Key"

The custom properties I have added are not available for selection.  

Meneghino
Level 10

If you added the properties after having added the data source to your app, then you may need to refresh the data source (from the list of sources in design mode) to show these properties.

Highlighted
Michael90
Level: Powered On

I am having the same issue. refreshing the connector didnt help. it was only possible to display the value of rowkey and particionkey did you find a solution?

tddrob
Level: Power Up

@Michael90 I have this same problem, but no easy solution.  This connector isn't really usable if we can't get to the additional properties and I'm stuck exactly where you are.    

I'm thinking about writing an Azure function that calls to Azure Table and returns it as JSON and then doing a custom connector from PowerApps side.    

hf2
Level: Powered On

This issue is still not solved - i can not access custom columns in a Azure Table. 

An other workaround is to use a flow. In a flow the custom properties are accessable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 534 members 4,614 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: