cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M-Glad-22
Level: Powered On

How do I implement custom list views in a powerapp?

I am attempting to filter a SharePoint list on PowerApps using a custom list view I've created on SharePoint. Is there a way to do this? Essentially, I want users to only view their own items on the list. (It's a project portfolio, so their own projects).  

Any suggestions? I've attempted to do it through workflows and by applying "Filter" commands, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How do I implement custom list views in a powerapp?

@M-Glad-22 

So, the quick and simple is to then have a filter like this for your gallery:

Filter(projectList, PNP.Email = User().EMail)

This will compare the email component of the PNP people column with the current user email.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

What designates an item as theirs?  Do you want to filter on who created the item? or is there some other field that tracks who owns the project portfolio?  You can do it with a filter command, but there has to be a field that can be filtered. Could you provide more detail?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User
Super User

@M-Glad-22 

You cannot utilize a view on a SharePoint list at this time.  However, you can certainly put that same logic into a Filter in PowerApps.

You didn't mention any criteria information or columns in your lists, so, as an example:

Filter(projectList, projectOwner=User().DisplayName)

This would, if used as a datasource for a Gallery, give you a list of all the items in projectList that have a column called projectOwner set to the display name of the current user.

If you have more specifics you need some help with, post back and we'll go further on it.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
M-Glad-22

In the project portfolio, there is a column entitled PHP. I want each PHP to only see their projects. Typically, they create their own items(projects) in the list, but in case they don't for some odd reason, I want the users to only see items where they are listed as the PHP.

Thank you.

Super User
Super User

@M-Glad-22 

What kind of column is the PHP column?  A person column or a text column or something else?

M-Glad-22

It is a person or group column.

Super User
Super User

@M-Glad-22 

So, the quick and simple is to then have a filter like this for your gallery:

Filter(projectList, PNP.Email = User().EMail)

This will compare the email component of the PNP people column with the current user email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 420 members 5,253 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: