cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use two data connections (2 x SharePoint lists) with one EditForm and then use cascading DD

Hi - I'm editing the form (not creating a standalone powerapp) of a custom list. I've attached a picture.

asdf.PNG

The building associated column is part of an EditForm. The Building Type drop down is one I've added manually. I want the Building Associated drop down (which isn't a dd in the pic!!) to show the list of Building Types based on the Building Associated.

Can anyone tell me how or is there a better way of doing things.

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How do I use two data connections (2 x SharePoint lists) with one EditForm and then use cascadin

LOL Smiley Happy 

So you are good now? Smiley Happy 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: How do I use two data connections (2 x SharePoint lists) with one EditForm and then use cascadin

This Video PowerApps SharePoint LookUp Columns walks you through exactly what I believe you want to do. 

This video PowerApps cascading Dropdowns is what a lot of people also need if you are struggling with the dropdowns before you get to the data connection parts.

Let me know if they don't help you out.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

Hi Shane,

Just watched your videos on YT and they are fun, clear and fast paced. A real change from the typical.

In terms of my problem I think I'd fallen into the trap of adding my own field, outside of the form, so when I try to follow your video things just don't happen the way you do them!

I'm going to restart my form but folllow your steps to the letter....will get back to you!

Thanks and thanks again.

C

Hi Shane - I restarted and now I can only see No items to display when I run the form?

Me Again. I'm a master at asking a question, then trying it myself and figuring it out. To display items when the no items to display message appears make sure to select the form, then for it's Items property enter Default('yourlist')

Gadzooks.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

LOL Smiley Happy 

So you are good now? Smiley Happy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 530 members 6,129 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: